Hip pain?

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 21. Nov 2008, 17:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,
Things are rapidly going downhill with regards my pain. I now have what I think is hip pain. I have always suffered from a bad back and have been told (about 27yrs ago :shock: ) that I have a weak sacro-iliac joint. My lower back has been bothering me for a while and recently been getting a very sharp pain deep in the middle of ny right bum cheek. I thought this was all relating to my back-still could be, but I'm now having terrible pains all round my groin and up and around my pelvic bone (where your pants lie around leg). There is a constant pain in my groin and when I press it and when I walk, it's sore. Even painful when sitting. Started with right side but now creeping over to left. Does this make sense to anyone with hip problems? Cheers :wink:
Magenta

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hey ho Magenta
    I have I think the same pain. Is it deep down, between your hip bone and bum-cheek?
    Mine is nerve damage from the back problems I had years ago. I had a little fracture(? don't know - had been there a while?!) and disc removal. Not a lot helps I think I have tried most things from trmadol to gabapentin ice to the wheaty etc. In bed if you can lie on the side off the pain with pillow between legs to stop you twisting or if on your back pillow under knees.
    However I do remeber the surgeon saying that he wished he could have operated 2 years earlier and he might have prevented the damage to the nerve. Aparently it should look like a worm, but looks like dried spaghetti! Nice :wink:
    The fact that you mention groin pain makes me even more convinced it could be your back. If I were you I would mention it to the rhumy when you next go. Sorry another thing to tell them!
    Take care
    Toni xx
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Toni,
    I've had back pain for years plus sciatica and this feels different. Today, the side of my hip was sore and when I pressed it it was very painful :( As you say, yet another thing to bring up with drs :)
    Magenta x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    magenta wrote:
    Hi Toni,
    I've had back pain for years plus sciatica and this feels different. Today, the side of my hip was sore and when I pressed
    It sounds a bit like the pain it it was very painful :( As you say, yet another thing to bring up with drs :)
    Magenta x
    It sounds a bit like the pain I have. I have that type of pain on the inside of my groin and sometimes it goes right down my leg. x-rays show oa in hip and back, the pain is comming mainly from my back. Hope you can get it sorted soon. Love Sue
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Sue,
    I too think I may have OA either in back or hips. I've had back problems for over 20yrs so I guess it's gonna happen eventually. I just want to be told 'yes,you have this and we can sort it with this'!
    Thanks Sue, hows job hunting going?
    Magenta x