i'm new anyone with Fibrmyalgia as well?

Options
ellie55
ellie55 Member Posts: 3
edited 22. Nov 2008, 05:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello everyone, jus a little note to say am new to this site n been dignosed with RA since i was 4, i'm 55 now, also back n 2004 FM came along also OA n right knee and left hip, done all sorts of meds, had to give up work and have been housebound n in creepling pain, n as time gone on pain got worse, just feel los. live wih my 28 yr old daugher, but thas t, got noone else, no family or friends, ust men 4wallsn lots of pain.

sorry went on but just wondered if anyone else has FM on top of RA n OA , an how do u get by pls?tnx.

Ellie

Comments

• eugeneg
    eugeneg Member Posts: 36
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    ellie55 wrote:
    hello everyone, jus a little note to say am new to this site n been dignosed with RA since i was 4, i'm 55 now, also back n 2004 FM came along also OA n right knee and left hip, done all sorts of meds, had to give up work and have been housebound n in creepling pain, n as time gone on pain got worse, just feel los. live wih my 28 yr old daugher, but thas t, got noone else, no family or friends, ust men 4wallsn lots of pain.

sorry went on but just wondered if anyone else has FM on top of RA n OA , an how do u get by pls?tnx.

Ellie

Hi Ellie,

I am sorry to hear of your woes. I have just posted a new one today following my visit to my Rheumy today. I have RA plus Fibro, plus 2 other conditions, and numerous ongoing side affects/infections! I'm 38 with 2 young children, plus wife of course, and they keep me on track. I try and keep going. Swimming really helps me, I don't go mad, even when I get in the water I find it helps.

Take care,

Eugene.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    eugeneg wrote:
    ellie55 wrote:

Ellie

Hi Ellie,

I am sorry to hear of your woes. I have just posted a new one today following my visit to my Rheumy today. I have RA plus Fibro, plus 2 other conditions, and numerous ongoing side affects/infections! I'm 38 with 2 young children, plus wife of course, and they keep me on track. I try and keep going. Swimming really helps me, I don't go mad, even when I get in the water I find it helps.

Take care,

Eugene.
    Sorry you feel so lonely and cut off. I'm lucky as I can get out by driving, but I can't work at the moment, although I still have a job, I don't know if i'll go back as its physical in nature. I have OA in my back and other problems. As you're using this site I assume you have internet, I find this helps. Talking to people here and reading other peoples problems. Also I use the computer to window shop and go around M&S and Next, some magazines have websites that have forums that let you talk to others and crafting sites as I make cards. I can talk to lots of people and they can'nt shut me up! I hope things improve. Love Sue
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Hi Ellie and WELCOME :)
    You do sound as though you are in alot of pain :(
    Lots of people here have more than one condition too, so you'll gain lots of support.
    I hope having found us lot you will feel less 'alone'.
    Your input and advice to others will be really useful too.
    Take care
    Toni x
  • miaswe
    miaswe Member Posts: 13
    Options
    ellie55 wrote:

Ellie
    Like you Ellie, i've got RA OA in my knees and fybro and as if that was'nt enough recently told probably got Osteoporosis (thinning bones) as well, the pain is awfull is'nt it sometimes it gets you down and you feel what's the point, but try not to give in to the pain try and do things like being on the computer if you can't get out to take your mind off it. Have a word with your Dr/Rheumy to say that the pain relief is'nt working, he might change your tabs, or give you something stronger. Keep strong.
  • ellie55
    ellie55 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    hello everyone n tnx for yr kind replies, my gp n rhumo n he est f them know how i feel but keep sayng nothing else they can do as my body can take anymore chemical in t, dont know f mentioned it been takng med snce i was 4yrs old, so thats why no med elps, can only cry of pain n not knowing how long this isgona go on, makes life even harder, this cold xnap beenkiller so far god help when wner comes.

anyway tnx again n hope t cha soon.

Ellie