Good Joints/Bad Rest of Me!

Options
eugeneg
eugeneg Member Posts: 36
edited 22. Nov 2008, 13:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All,

Just got back from seeing my Rheumy at Whipps Cross. I am currently on 4 weekly appointments with him. He took one look at me and realised I was fed up!! Because of my ongoing problems (infections) he wants to monitor me closely. He is afraid of taking me off Enbrel because he fears my RA will flare straight away and there will be nowhere left for me to go. He said originally I would have to go on Rituximab, but the side effects are the same as Enbrel, the only place left for me would be back at square one popping Steroids as MXT/Sulpha have both failed me. Re the amount of pain I am feeling he thinks this is my Fibro taking hold because my joint scores/activity is low. For the pain he wants me to stay on Co-Dydramol but also use Tramadol, he said I can use both!! He, along with my Consultant Urologist are hopeful that the 1000mg Anti-Bios I am on will clear the infection in me and then I can safely stay on Enbrel, at this moment it is treading on egg-shells!! I don't want to have to come off Enbrel because I had 2 good years on it, but this year has been crap! I'm in one of those situations at the moment where I don't know what hurts most and what's going on, but onwards and upwards, Xmas is coming!!

Take care all,

Eugene.

Comments

• plmb48
    plmb48 Member Posts: 125
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    eugeneg wrote:
    Hi All,

Just got back from seeing my Rheumy at Whipps Cross. I am currently on 4 weekly appointments with him. He took one look at me and realised I was fed up!! Because of my ongoing problems (infections) he wants to monitor me closely. He is afraid of taking me off Enbrel because he fears my RA will flare straight away and there will be nowhere left for me to go. He said originally I would have to go on Rituximab, but the side effects are the same as Enbrel, the only place left for me would be back at square one popping Steroids as MXT/Sulpha have both failed me. Re the amount of pain I am feeling he thinks this is my Fibro taking hold because my joint scores/activity is low. For the pain he wants me to stay on Co-Dydramol but also use Tramadol, he said I can use both!! He, along with my Consultant Urologist are hopeful that the 1000mg Anti-Bios I am on will clear the infection in me and then I can safely stay on Enbrel, at this moment it is treading on egg-shells!! I don't want to have to come off Enbrel because I had 2 good years on it, but this year has been crap! I'm in one of those situations at the moment where I don't know what hurts most and what's going on, but onwards and upwards, Xmas is coming!!

Take care all,

Eugene.
    hi i have had R/A for 27 years i remmber someone saying to me that they had a bad pain in their knee i said it could be arther they said it cant be that it hurts too much i just thought DIP STICK.HAHAHA good job we can laugh a little.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Hi Eugene
    I too hope you can stay on the enbrel...and i hope the infection b***ers off back to where it came from so that you can!
    At least mentally you are doing well!!
    Take care
    Toni x
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hello Eugene,
    Sorry things are so cr*p for you-again! Hope things start to settle down soon :wink:
    Magenta x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Well, Eugene, not alot we can say to your troubles except that we hope you feel better very, very soon and that Santa remembers where you live and delivers you lots of cheer-me-ups :wink:

May we all wish ourselves a pain-free healthy Christmas - wouldn't that just be the best present in the world :D

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'