Still Waiting To Hear.

Options
petmad
petmad Member Posts: 252
edited 24. Nov 2008, 13:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
I saw the neuro surg: some 6 weeks ago and was told I would be admited within a 'couple of month' to have disc and oesteophyte removed (C5/6). I thought I would at least have had a date by now.
I am so frustrated as, though I know it will not cure all the arthritic changes in my body, I have been in constant pain and have lost so much use of my left arm over the past 13 months as I passed through the various stages to even get referred to NS.
I am sure many of you have followed this path before me, but isn't is so awful to wait, without even a prospective date having been given?I will telephone this week if they have not contacted me.

Thankfully my employers are keeping my job for me. However it is very hard to cope now that I am on benefits.

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yes, I agree, waiting is so awful when you're in pain. I went through the 'wait' for my bi-lateral knee replacement and was so thankful when the day arrived. I was on the ward all psyched up and ready to go when my surgeon saw a gnat bite on my calf that had blistered (I always react badly to those pesky little critters!) and she refused to do the op and told me to come back a week later :shock: :cry: . I crumbled into a mass of noisy tears, totally devastated - don't worry she said it's ONLY a week - those who don't live with our pain don't always understand do they? :roll:

All that is history now as the saying goes and it was well worth the wait.

Hope you hear very soon.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry you are in such pain and being made to wait. Yes!! Get on that phone!! I woulld :)
    Good luck!
    Toni x
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    Options
    Thank you both, I will leave it till Wednesday if I have not heard as I am going to the OT to have some sleeping splints knocked together and to discuss splints for during the day.
    My right hand/arm have aleays been the worst, however over the past few weeks the thumb on the left hand has dislocated at both joint when I sleep. It is mainly the top joint that bothers me during the day and I feel quite ill if anything cathes it as it pops out all the time now.
    Just wondering if I will need an op on this before my knees or hips get me :roll:
  • steve1
    steve1 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    petmad wrote:
    I saw the neuro surg: some 6 weeks ago and was told I would be admited within a 'couple of month' to have disc and oesteophyte removed (C5/6). I thought I would at least have had a date by now.
    I am so frustrated as, though I know it will not cure all the arthritic changes in my body, I have been in constant pain and have lost so much use of my left arm over the past 13 months as I passed through the various stages to even get referred to NS.
    I am sure many of you have followed this path before me, but isn't is so awful to wait, without even a prospective date having been given?I will telephone this week if they have not contacted me.

Thankfully my employers are keeping my job for me. However it is very hard to cope now that I am on benefits.
    Hi I would ring the consultants secetary if I were you..good luck[/img][/url]
  • steve1
    steve1 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    I would ring the consultants secetary..good luck, Steve