Expert Patients

Options
paddythedaddy
paddythedaddy Member Posts: 16
edited 24. Nov 2008, 17:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi. I'm new. Nice to meet you.

I'm three weeks into attending an Expert Patients Programme course and, so far, have mixed feelings about its usefulness. I'd be happy to explain my ambivalence later, but for now I'd be interested in seeing how many of you have attended EPP courses and how helpful you found them.

Forgive me if this topic has been explored before.

Comments

• paddythedaddy
    paddythedaddy Member Posts: 16
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    nope never been on an EPP?..not even sure what it is..
    i did attend a course run by OTs on "managing pain and fatigue"specificaly for RA sufferers,i found this course very useful and informative.

Expert Patients Programme: "The EPP is a six week course for people with chronic or long-term conditions. The course is delivered by trained and accredited tutors who are also living with a long term health condition. It aims to give people the confidence to take more responsibility and self-manage their health, while encouraging them to work collaboratively with health and social care professionals. The EPP does not provide health information or treatment, nor does it address clinical needs. Course topics include healthy eating, dealing with pain and extreme tiredness, relaxation techniques and coping with feelings of depression."

Have a look at www.expertpatients.co.uk for more info.
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I haven't heard of that one neither -will look at website
    thanks
    Kate