introduce myself

Options
steve1
steve1 Member Posts: 18
edited 27. Nov 2008, 13:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi. I would like to introduce myself, and new to this..I have been diagnosed with o/a of the hip 6months ago and suppose I am the "baby" of the forum..and very frustrated with it although it is early days..I look forward to reading all the comments and would appreciate any advice I can get. Steve

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Steve
    Welocme to the forum.
    Yes it takes time to get used to the idea doesn't it? This place can help you with that. You read other people's posts and problems and some of them reflect your so - well anyway it helps!
    If you have time look at the roll call thread - most of us have signed in up there so you will see who we all are.
    I look forward to reading your posts in the future
    Toni
  • steve1
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Steve
    Welocme to the forum.
    Yes it takes time to get used to the idea doesn't it? This place can help you with that. You read other people's posts and problems and some of them reflect your so - well anyway it helps!
    If you have time look at the roll call thread - most of us have signed in up there so you will see who we all are.
    I look forward to reading your posts in the future
    Toni
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    Options
    hi Steve, welcome to the group. Only been here a few weeks, but already feel that I have gained a lot from my membership.
  • steve1
    Options
    Thanks for that..Some times you think you are the only one with problems and then you read others, and you see like minded others.Regards
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Steve

Welcome. I'm sure you will get a lot of help and good advise. It's good to just talk.

Vonski
  • suepollard
    suepollard Member Posts: 28
    Options
    hi Steve, you say you are the 'baby' of the forum, I guess I am!! joined today, ive got OA, was diagnosed with it just the other day, consultant a waist of time, had to go back to the gp who was rather upset with the consultant and now im going to see another rheumatologist this week. Ive had a blood test showing signs of RA as my rhoumatoid factor was high, and ive got gritty eyes too, so it looks like ive got both of them, :cry: you know what, its really knocked me for 6, as ive always gone to the gym, lead a healthy lifestyle, dont drink or smoke or owt like that, well perhaps I may have a teeny drink sometimes but nothing much, and then wollop! I felt the signs come on a year ago, but didnt do anything about it until one day I couldnt get out of bed, im on anti-inflammatory tablets now, but still awaiting to see this other guy. My head tells me I would like to go round the shopping centre but my legs tell me otherwise, so the only thing for it, is I will have to do some internet shopping!! hope that you are ok, and like me trying to find your way round the site.
    sue :D