physio moan

Options
mash65
mash65 Bots Posts: 834
edited 26. Nov 2008, 02:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
sorry it might b a longest moan.physio today.she new i wasnt feeling great.told her got sinus infection again & infection in left foot. both seem to come together.going gp tomrrow.she gave me lecture.eat 5 times a day to keep blood sugar levels up.told her got no appetie,she nows im on antisickness meds.sleep 8-9 hrs as routine.i sleep 3 hrs with sleeping tabs,up cuppa,pain killers back to bed,wake on turning over.explained all.take al meds to max.which i do.she told me my pain was cronic pain,not gonna get any better,told me stick would make my pain in back/spine worse.so im not allowed to hold partners arm,hold on to trolley when shopping,i was to walk unaided on all occasions.i have o/a knee,spine.im bent over in pain,& limping around.c.spondy too. my meds make me tired,drozzy,slow,& vomite without warning.i understand that i have tokeep mobile,i have already seized once,dont want to go there again.but i feel like iv been told iv got to fly without wings,any suggestion,or been there worn the t-shirt.thanx debs

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Debs
    Poor you! :(
    You sound well rough.
    Mean old physio - I'm sure she's right, but :?:
    I don't know what to suggest because I guess you are doing everything you can already, but you can have some of my heartfelt sympathy and cyber-support too.
    If I was you I would hold my partner's arm sometimes anyway because it's a lovely thing to do :)
    Take care
    Toni x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Debs
    Poor you! :(
    You sound well rough.
    Mean old physio - I'm sure she's right, but :?:
    I don't know what to suggest because I guess you are doing everything you can already, but you can have some of my heartfelt sympathy and cyber-support too.
    If I was you I would hold my partner's arm sometimes anyway because it's a lovely thing to do :)
    Take care
    Toni x
    Hi, yes you do sound poorly, I agree with all the above. It must be horrid to be so sick as well. Holding a Partners arm is great sometimes and I would still do that at times also, if you have a lot of shopping to do, use a trolley as its the only practical way to carry stuff. Hope you feel more positive soon. Love Sue
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    Options
    Sending my sympathy and huggs to you. I also have been told not to use walking aids for the same reason...weird how something so comforting is banned.

Hope all your infections clear up.
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    Options
    petmad wrote:
    Sending my sympathy and huggs to you. I also have been told not to use walking aids for the same reason...weird how something so comforting is banned.

Hope all your infections clear up.
    thanx all,i went to see nurse practioner about infections. yes as i guessed sinisitis,anti biotics for 7 days.appartantly this is now gonna be a recurring thing as weather changes,it'll b back.had it 3 times this yr already!! foot infection had this on & off since 2005,steriod cream.house is like a pharmacy :lol: im having to scribble on boxes what time i took what,cause im losing track :oops: any way thanx for replies hope ur all doing ok.debs x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi Deb
    At least you sound as though you're not letting it get you down! :wink:
    Sure the sinuses will feel better soon - that is a bad infection - only had it once so far, but by the 'eck were it bad!!!
    Good idea to make some sort of drug sheet I reckon or you could loose track and miss something or worse still - overdose :shock: !
    Take care
    Toni x