Update!

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 25. Nov 2008, 09:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all,
I had my new rhuemy appt. today and it went really well. I had a physiotherapist first going through everything with me-bit odd but she was lovely. The dr then came in and instantly knew I wasn't good. He was lovely too! He done all the usual wee things and then got loads of bloods done, xrays on chest, hips and lumbar region. He also wants jaw xray details from dentist cos he wants to know about the erosions I have. Ive been put on Etodolac (new one for me) and Losec. I've to go back in 8wks for a 'day ward' appt. He's also said if this drug doesn't work , he'll try something else, maybe get mris and get in touch with pain clinic.
He wants to rule out ankylosing spondylitis as my back is really bothering me. So things are good at the mo regards treatment even though my back is killing me :D I've also been getting numbness and tingling in hands/fingers and he may test me for carpal tunnel or do something like a nerve ablation-would that be right?
Thanks for taking a peek at my news,
Magenta x

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Magenta
    Good news I think!
    Will be so interested to see what they decide - you are a very interesting person!! He He! :)
    Will watch this space for news... :wink:
    Take care
    Toni x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Magenta
    Good news I think!
    Will be so interested to see what they decide - you are a very interesting person!! He He! :)
    Will watch this space for news... :wink:
    Take care
    Toni x
    So glad you're getting sorted, worrying makes everything worse. I have replied, but I think you are ahead of me now :lol: Didnt use the computer much yesterday as the keyboard is not typing some letters!!! I'm having a new one (husbands putting it in and its got a problem, (him????), I hope he doesn't see this! Also had my carpel tunnel injections yesterday. I'm TRYING to use a laptop now but the keyboard is too small!!!! Lots of love Sue