Money, and turning 16/18

Options
katherine810
katherine810 Member Posts: 67
edited 20. Dec 2008, 08:39 in Young people's community
I was wondering, as i am 15 at the moment, I get all my medicenes free.

I take a lot which is why i'm more worried. Injections - Enbrel x 2 a week MXT x 1 a week Tablets - Iboprofen 400mg x up to 3 a day Indomethicene x 2 a day Folic acid x 1 a week Medicene Liquid - Ranitadine x 2 a day.

Anyway, what I was meaning to ask was, is it really expensive after your 16, or out of full time education?
Because at this age i'm starting to worry, in future how much this is going to cost...

Thankyou.
Love
Katherine
x

Comments

• mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I was wondering, as i am 15 at the moment, I get all my medicenes free.

I take a lot which is why i'm more worried. Injections - Enbrel x 2 a week MXT x 1 a week Tablets - Iboprofen 400mg x up to 3 a day Indomethicene x 2 a day Folic acid x 1 a week Medicene Liquid - Ranitadine x 2 a day.

Anyway, what I was meaning to ask was, is it really expensive after your 16, or out of full time education?
    Because at this age i'm starting to worry, in future how much this is going to cost...

Thankyou.
    Love
    Katherine
    x
    if ur not intitled to benefits,then u can buy a prepay presciption. it £102 approx for a yr & approx £27 per quarter.i brought 1 whist on sick pay save me a fortune.hope thats some help.deb
  • katherine810
    katherine810 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Thankyou :)

That helped alot ! It shouldn't be too bad then :S

x
  • stephiey
    stephiey Member Posts: 61
    Options
    hiya katherine,
    im 16 and go to sixth form
    i still get all my meds for free

if ur still unsure then have a chat with ur doctor or gp,
    hope this helps =]

send me a message if you wanna chat

love stephanie x
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    stephiey wrote:
    hiya katherine,
    im 16 and go to sixth form
    i still get all my meds for free

if ur still unsure then have a chat with ur doctor or gp,
    hope this helps =]

send me a message if you wanna chat

love stephanie x

Hi Katherine
    What a pain being sick then having to pay out like that especially when your just a kid, its hard enough growing up as it is let alone growing up with this problem, I'm sure your parents will help out with the cost but its not the point, i would take Stephanie's advice and talk to your doctor. Make an appointment to talk to the CAB they are great and will tell you all you are entitled to in the future and hopefuly put your mind at rest. Sorry should have said young lady not kid.
    Take care
    Colin