hospital Visit - Confused

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 26. Nov 2008, 02:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Yesterday, I went to the hospital and saw different doc. He seemed OK at first and explained about MRI, which showed only oa and slight trapped blood vessel, which is'nt significant I think. He also explained I had carpel tunnel and he was goint to inject, whcih I expected. Then the confusion seemed to start. He had a student with him and explained to her what he was going to do. When I heard it was plain he did't realise I had had 1 set of injections 8 wks ago, so I explained, he looked very confused and askedwhy my GP had done this. She had'nt, so I told him I'd had it in this dept. he asked who had done this, but I couldn't remember as the doc had a foriegn name and quite strange. He looked at my wrists again and asked if it worked, which it had for 2 weeks! He went ahead as he said it was good that it had wroked a bit abd tihis was diagnostic and if it didn't work perminently they would operate - probably at the GP's surgery. He injected, and gave me a piece of paper to take to GP. When I read it, it said diagnosis: oa and l CTS
details of injection and verbal, informed consent and that the I had been told to rest the joint for 48 hours. None of which happened. The other Doc also told me my right wrist is worse than my left. He injected my left, which is the painful one, but I feel worried that the hospital notes are incorrect to say the least. Not interested in my lower back problems as this is the upper joint clinic! Still, seeing my GP tomorrow and will be able to discuss with her. Sorry to go on so much, but I just wanted to do something. Love to anyone who's read this far, sue xx

Comments

• petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am sorry that you had such a bad experience. Like you I am worried that each department only deals with the one area. Could they not let us see one person who could deal with the whole body?

Anyway I do hope you have relief with the pain you are experiencing.
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your experience.
    After 10years of having to deal with docs of varying quality I find that you have to take control of your treatment. Its really really hard as the docs always have an agenda before you get in there. I usually take a list of questions I want answering and I don't leave until they are answered - I've waited 6mths for the appt I want to get my moneys worth!!!

I would definately get the notes corrected otherwise when you go back in a few months time no one will know whats going on.

I would also talk to your GP.

Hope this helps.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    jenzie06 wrote:
    Sorry to hear about your experience.
    After 10years of having to deal with docs of varying quality I find that you have to take control of your treatment. Its really really hard as the docs always have an agenda before you get in there. I usually take a list of questions I want answering and I don't leave until they are answered - I've waited 6mths for the appt I want to get my moneys worth!!!

I would definately get the notes corrected otherwise when you go back in a few months time no one will know whats going on.

I would also talk to your GP.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the helpful suggestions, I am going to talk to my GP tomorrow. I do want the information on my records to be correct as I know they are important, especially when you see a different doc on each visit! I feel better about things now, as the soreness of the injection is going of and I feel less tired. Thanks for listening. Love Sue :) :? :
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Hi Sue
    sounds like an awful experience! I am here to offer my support and sympathy :(
    Ylou get on to the GP and se if you can at least get it all clarified.
    Good luck Sue
    Toni xx