new to all this

Options
bertyboy
bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
edited 1. Dec 2008, 09:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
:? hello again i can see from things on hear people have lots of different probs , that all take there toll on the individual , as do mine, i think i am in shock as i know i will not be able to go back to my job the one i have been happiest at every day different ,working out side and in but still in the cold and damp hence my knees are giving up on me. so any thoughts from anybody on coping with my idea that i am beeing put out to grass far to early in my life 54 . i want to work , my knees wont let me.
I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, I am so sorry that you have to leave a job you love. Is their no way they can change things so that you can carry on? I know this is not always possible as I am in the same boat as you and (don't tell anyone!) the same age! I am a care assistant with OA in my spine, neck and hands, so going through the occy health route with my manager and GP saying it is not going to be possible ect. May be you will be able to find a way of doing something to give you some enjoyment again. Sue
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hi hopefully life will start again further down the line , were work is concerned my job was on building sites in a gang of 3 to5 folk cleaning new builds from start to finish some days traveling miles from site to site lots of stairs ,kneeling & crouching and because i loved the job i carried on for too long before going to the docs and find my self paying the price now .keep telling my self there is a future . take care {may} xxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Hi Bertyboy
    Just wanted to say welcome to the forum.
    Sorry to hear your arthritis is stopping you from working :(
    Hev you thought about getting on to local colleges to see if they need any experienced workers to train youngsters in your field of work? They may need people just like you...? Just an idea. You know NVQ assessing that sort of thing.
    If not there will be something out there for you - experience still counts for a lot.
    Take care
    Toni