Early awake

Options
noeltone
noeltone Member Posts: 878
edited 6. Dec 2008, 06:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am awake in the early hours again cant sleep consistenlty for many hours in pain and in a flare all joints are bad feel sick and itchy and feversish I hate it dont know what to do should be used to it by now but never am I ate arthur well wish i could rather I mean I hate it

Comments

• jennywren
    jennywren Bots Posts: 79
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I get that all the time
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Oh Chrisov - you have all my sympathy there is reallly not much worse than lack of sleep. It makes everthing else harder to deal with. You too Jenny I hope you both get SOME sleep toninght
    Love
    Toni xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Awful, I used to sleep like a log and still do sometimes, but when I wake up and my hands are sore and a sort of numb itchyness, my back/hip is aching and the pain has made my leg muscles go into a sort of crampy spasm, I try to ignore it, but in the end, have to get up and move about which seems to settle it for a while, but by then I'm freezing cold and my husband has moved over to my side of the bed as well as his and oh............. I hate it too :| Sue
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Chrisov, I am really sorry about you feeling so rough, hope your flare soon settles, I was awake at 4.30am due to the pain in my hands love Jaspercatxxx
  • rosiepurves
    rosiepurves Member Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm sorry your feeling so poorly but i must thank you because i get all itchy and feverish sometimes esp at night and didn't realise it was due to arthritis doh. i reassured now, i was hoovering my matress every week thinking it was dust mites lol sould have guessed as hubby wasn't scratching. :oops: :oops:
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    noeltone wrote:
    I am awake in the early hours again cant sleep consistenlty for many hours in pain and in a flare all joints are bad feel sick and itchy and feversish I hate it dont know what to do should be used to it by now but never am I ate arthur well wish i could rather I mean I hate it

So I'm not itching alone and some times find it hard to cope with lack of sleep through pain. I spent most of last night reading the posts on this site and ebay. I'm new to the site although been reading it for a long time. I tend to read it it when in deairsp it helps to read some of the posts some people suffer so much and its one of the few places you can come for true understanding and its good to know your not alone when feeling low. However my way of coping is to sllep when i need it No i dont have young kids and i know its easy for me. I feel so sorry for the younger people on the site with young families to cope with it must be so difficult. The other problem with sleeping in the day nights are very lonely. If i sleep for a short period of time and wake up i can-not go back to sleep.
    Colin
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI guys,

Sorry to see that so many of you are struggling to sleep right now - the curse of Arthur!

I am lucky that for the last few nights I have managed to sleep better, but last week my arm kept me awake all night several times. I hate it too - and there isn't really an answer I think!!!

Mind you .... my hubbby found it hard to sleep last night - it appears that I turned the radio (on my side of the bed) on in my sleep :shock: ....... loud enough to wake him up but I slept through until he woke me to ask me to turn it off as it was only 4am and he didn't need to be up until 6am! :oops: I will be in trouble if Ido it again tonight .... but didn't have any memory of doing it ..... so watch this space!

night night, hope you all sleep tonight
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    A few months ago, I was having a good night sleeping. but the I woke up flying through the air, I had turned over in my sleep and fallen out of bed, luckily I did'nt hurt myself. Just my dignity :oops: :oops:
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    My OH says that I seem to ride a bike in my sleep, I seem to have very restless legs especially at night. I get really cold (as our house is old, damp and rubbish) then I get really hot. I think I must play the hokey koky (sp) in my sleep - putting my legs in and out of bed all night. Today I was on the sofa watching the extremely early news as I have not only a flare of fibro and RA but also have a stinky cold. Rubbish!!!!
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    I got to sleep at 5.30 this morning!!! Over did it yesterday at little ones party and had terrible pains in my legs all night. To make it worse I took too much co-codamol and ended up laying on the bathroom floor 'cos I felt so sick!!! :(

Imust say 7am came round very quickly.

Will try again tonight but perhaps take a sleeping tab instead of co-codamol!!

I think perhaps I should do a pharmacy degree!!

Oh the joys!!

Kate xx
  • elvislover
    elvislover Member Posts: 6
    Options
    [i go to bed as late as i can sometimes 3or 4 in the morning then if i sleep till 8 i feel ok but i sleep better from 8 till 11am in the morning than i do all night . i no it's lazy staying in bed till 11 but i am so tied if i get up any earlier .
    :?
  • annic4363
    annic4363 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    colinone wrote:
    noeltone wrote:

So I'm not itching alone and some times find it hard to cope with lack of sleep through pain. I spent most of last night reading the posts on this site and ebay. I'm new to the site although been reading it for a long time. I tend to read it it when in deairsp it helps to read some of the posts some people suffer so much and its one of the few places you can come for true understanding and its good to know your not alone when feeling low. However my way of coping is to sllep when i need it No i dont have young kids and i know its easy for me. I feel so sorry for the younger people on the site with young families to cope with it must be so difficult. The other problem with sleeping in the day nights are very lonely. If i sleep for a short period of time and wake up i can-not go back to sleep.
    Colin

Oh me too! This has been driving me nuts for months! I have spent a fortune on moisturisers and massages because I thought I had dry skin which was causing this. Do you know I hadn't twigged this was the RA?! I wonder if it is a drug side effect? Anyone any ideas - I am on Lefludomide, Sterorids and just started Humira

Perhaps we can pin this down?!

Chat soon

Annie
    x
    x