statement of reasons from the D L A

Options
mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 6. Dec 2008, 18:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well I got the statement of reasons why I was turned down for high rate mobility they aklowegest that I had osteroarthrits but think I over stated it it makes the mla here look like a liar he said I was not the main carer for my wife , now they had the prove I was in front of them , so when they asked me . I told them yes , theyhave noted that I told the truth not the mla. I told them it caused me great pain to walk in their reasons , it says if I wanted to I can appeal to the comissonor , but I feel so drained I might just wait until renewal date and then try again.

I hate it when the medical proffession say that I am overstate my condition , this is why I dont tell them everything .

maybe this time around I will get a letter from differented gp who listens to me more. the ot could not write me a letter but if its renewal they will ask her for one. The mla would not let me mention diabetess , so at renewal I will as I think the should be told all. feel so let down by the system.

Mike R & Hazel :(:(
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• mike77
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    it seem that the report from the emp doctor is the one they are going by , ingoreing all my gp and remy and other medical this docs word is gospel.

Mike R & Hazel
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • gettinby
    gettinby Member Posts: 29
    Options
    mike77 wrote:
    it seem that the report from the emp doctor is the one they are going by , ingoreing all my gp and remy and other medical this docs word is gospel.

Mike R & Hazel
    Hi Mike77,
    As I have said before on other threads, EMP's are paid more for a negative report (it's true).
    Appeal and you may have more success.
    All the best
  • mike77
    Options
    gettinby wrote:
    mike77 wrote:

Mike R & Hazel
    Hi Mike77,
    As I have said before on other threads, EMP's are paid more for a negative report (it's true).
    All the best
    Thanks for your words of support, its just at the momment The fight is all gone out of me , maybe when my toes are fixed and the pain is away then I might feel like fighting again

Thanks for your post

Mike R & hazel
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    mike77 wrote:
    gettinby wrote:
    mike77 wrote:

Mike R & Hazel
    Hi Mike77,
    All the best
    Thanks for your words of support, its just at the momment The fight is all gone out of me , maybe when my toes are fixed and the pain is away then I might feel like fighting again

Thanks for your post

Mike R & hazel

Hi Mike, Have you thought of going to the CAB with your forms, they are most helpful and know all the right things to say, they will even represent you if you need them to. I hate it when some guy so far removed from your situation can cast you off with the stroke of a pen.
    Colin
  • mike77
    Options
    colinone wrote:
    mike77 wrote:
    gettinby wrote:
    Hi Mike77,
    All the best

Thanks for your post

Mike R & hazel

Hi Mike, Have you thought of going to the CAB with your forms, they are most helpful and know all the right things to say, they will even represent you if you need them to. I hate it when some guy so far removed from your situation can cast you off with the stroke of a pen.
    Colin
    Hi colin,

Yes I am thinking of taking the statement of reasons to see what they think I should do , I was angry as I read thease statement of reasons my own gp says walks a bit but is in pain doing so , Remy says has severe oa of the hips lumbar reigion feet arms but all this seems to have fallen on deaf ears going by dla there emp word is god he said I do not need support walks slow ( shuffle in my opinon does not need mobility.

Fed Up ( But its Christmas cant wait until the big day to see my sons and hazel face light up.

Mike R & Hazel
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Oh Mike
    I only just spotted this post because you reffered to it in another. I am so shocked and sorry that it has all gone pear-shaped for you :(
    I should give it some time and see if you can gather up your reserves of energy for one last go :?: If not then as you say you can wait till it's up for reveiw anyway. You have to do what's best for you.
    As you say there is always Christmas to look forward to :)
    Take care
    Toni xx
  • plmb48
    plmb48 Member Posts: 125
    Options
    mike77 wrote:

Mike R & Hazel
    go to welfare rights you will find them libary/yellow pages/they will fill out forms and write letters for you .please try them pauline
  • mike77
    Options
    plmb48 wrote:
    mike77 wrote:

Mike R & Hazel
    go to welfare rights you will find them libary/yellow pages/they will fill out forms and write letters for you .please try them pauline
    Hi pauline,
    I did look in yellow pages but it seems in Northern Ireland there is none , the cab told me to get a mla here to go along to the appeal with me , but he hardly spoke up.or me.

Mike R & Hazel :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • mazza1961
    mazza1961 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    mike77 wrote:
    The mla would not let me mention diabetess , so at renewal I will as I think the should be told all. feel so let down by the system.

Mike R & Hazel :(:(
    Why wont MLA let you mention diabetes. I thought DLA about care needs and how people have to help you. Diabetes requires care from other people e.g. reminder to take medication, eat properly, check bs if you seem confused, observe u for signs of diabetic coma etc.
    Have you replied to Statement of needs yet. All I did was tell them why I disagreed with statement of needs and then they reviewed my application again without me having to attend appeal.
    Good luck . :)
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    Options
    Mike, I am so sorry you are having these problems, I can't understand why there are no welfare rights officers in Ireland, have you asked at your local social work department about an equivalent, they may come under a different name there. I am a qualified social worker, but would not consider representing myself, I take all the help I can get as obviously I become emotional about my own condition.
    I cannot fathom how DLA make their decisions, I have been awarded high mobility, yet low care...the grounds being I have extreme difficulty walking, this is based on the level of pain they perceive I have with my OA. Yet have low rate care...it seems I only need to wash and dress 3 times a week and have help for only 1 hot meal per day :!:
    Don't give up Mike, keep pushing for your rights. Linda
  • mike77
    Options
    petmad wrote:
    Mike, I am so sorry you are having these problems, I can't understand why there are no welfare rights officers in Ireland, have you asked at your local social work department about an equivalent, they may come under a different name there. I am a qualified social worker, but would not consider representing myself, I take all the help I can get as obviously I become emotional about my own condition.
    I cannot fathom how DLA make their decisions, I have been awarded high mobility, yet low care...the grounds being I have extreme difficulty walking, this is based on the level of pain they perceive I have with my OA. Yet have low rate care...it seems I only need to wash and dress 3 times a week and have help for only 1 hot meal per day :!:
    Don't give up Mike, keep pushing for your rights. Linda
    Hi linda , ( like the name as my big sis is called this only she spells it Lynda,

As you say it might be under a different name , the gp wrote in his report as severe oa of hips and as pain trying to walk , remy also gave the same report both gave good reports but the dla like there own emp report where it said walks with shuffle very very slow , but does not need mobilty , just get low care compondent.

now my toes are making walking impossible at times , oh the dla said I overstated my ailment ( god thats a laugh)

Thanks for replying to my post

Mike R & Hazel :o:o
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR