Stiffness

Options
sassysore
sassysore Member Posts: 17
edited 3. Dec 2008, 15:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
I know stiffness is the norm for arthur, but today I can hardly move for it. Its very painful. Even my neck is stiff. Any ideas? Please? :(:(

Comments

• livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Afraid I can't help, only sympathise. :(

I get the same whenever there is a cold snap during winter. As soon as the outside temperature reaches freezing all my joints become stiff and painful. :cry: I notice that the humidity is also very high at 100%, so even if we keep warm the damp may be seeping into our bones. :mrgreen:

Just try to keep reasonably mobile as much as possible and warm, which may help ease the stiffness. :D I am typing this with what I call the 'old film, news reporter method', ie. two fingers pounding on the keyboard, :lol::lol: :roll: as my other fingers have stiffened up. :(

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • sassysore
    sassysore Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks. Keep trying to walk round but its so pain ful! When I am sat down I have a blanket wrapped round me to keep me warm. Thought all the pain was bad enough!
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    Options
    sassysore wrote:
    Thanks. Keep trying to walk round but its so pain ful! When I am sat down I have a blanket wrapped round me to keep me warm. Thought all the pain was bad enough!
    im sat on computor wrapped in a blanket,the colds getting to me too.didnt help spent monday in a&e with stepson,put chisel through his finger.felt myself stiffing up sitting there,then got up to move around every1 looking at me as i was the casuaty,hobbling round.we were there from 12.15 til 4.was in agony,about in tears,mon eve& yesterday.early night last night still woke in pain at 3am.came down 2 sleeping tabs,woke at 1pm,with a really uncomfortable night.but at least iv hade some sleep,interupted but sleep.debs