Methatrexate Question

Options
tracys
tracys Member Posts: 25
edited 4. Dec 2008, 03:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All
As some of you may know i have been on Mtx for a long time , I do my injections on a Tuesday night and I always feel that my temperature is raised for a couple of days afterwards and I find that I sweat a lot- my stomach also swells up - does anyone else suffer the same - I never mention this to the rhuemy - I am particularly bad today and you know how cold it is outside - I have a t shirt on! Be interested to hear anyone with similar affects?
Tracy

Comments

• livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    tracys wrote:
    I always feel that my temperature is raised for a couple of days afterwards and I find that I sweat a lot. Tracy

Have you taken your temperature and kept a diary of the ups and downs, if any, to show your rheumy? :?

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    tracys wrote:
    I always feel that my temperature is raised for a couple of days afterwards and I find that I sweat a lot. Tracy

Have you taken your temperature and kept a diary of the ups and downs, if any, to show your rheumy? :?

Joseph 8)

Hi Tracy, I have been on MTX injections for three years i also use embrel. The MTX has never been easy for me problem is i now cant do without it. I have had the swets some really bad ones, i always feel sick for days after the injection never seem to feel like myself. I get tummy ache and feel like i want to be sick all the time although i dont throw up. i think its an awfull drug. The Rheumy and nurses at the clinick tell me that the RA and SA is making me feel ill not the MTX but i know if i miss a injection i feel better. Sometimes i think i am worse now before i ever started taking serious drugs but long for the day i can stop taking MTX just so that i can feel normal lol.
    I feel worse now taking MTX and embrel sick most of the week feeling so ill at times. its a catch 22. I dont know if you have noticed but when you have felt ill for such a long time it begins to play with your mind. I feel so sorry for you because i know how sick you feel with it, yet some people seem to get away with little side effects. Please take care and keep your chin up.
    Colin