Tomorrow's Procedure

Options
eugeneg
eugeneg Member Posts: 36
edited 7. Dec 2008, 03:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that I went to see my Urologist Monday night. In addition to my RA & Fibro and the other problems, I have also been struggling this year with numerous infections, one of which has been/is Epididymitis - From a bloke's perspective? :oops: Very painful down below :shock: :shock: The numerous infections have been because I am on Enbrel (have been 3 years) and my Immune system has been battered. My Urologist feels the level of infection in my system is chronic, and the root is my Prostate, and the past 4 months of anti-biotics have not shifted it. He couldn't answer whether I got the infection as a result of low immunity or whether he said I am just unlucky (I've heard that before! :roll: ) I now have to go into hospital tomorrow to have a "procedure" :cry: Simply he wants to try and rid my system of infection at the rot cause. I will be out under general (thankfully) and should be back out tomorrow night :D . I'm lucky to work at a company with private health Insurance, I've been very lucky to speed things up! I'm not looking forward to it but hopefully it will do the trick and it will be one less problem to worry about!

Eugene.

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    All the best with you 'Procedure'. Hope you'll feel a lot better soon, I'm sure you will. :)
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    Options
    I hope things gowell for you andyou feelbetter soon. Linda
  • redpoppy
    redpoppy Member Posts: 108
    Options
    hi,hope everything goes ok and you get rid of your infection once and for all.im seriously having doubts about going on humira now.ive read so much about people having infections and cant get rid of them.i dont know wether its worth the risk.anyway good luck
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Good luck Eugene, hope all goes well and you become bug-free :wink:

Keep us all posted.

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • fayrose
    fayrose Member Posts: 241
    Options
    Good luck Eugene. Not a fun procedure I guess (being female), but I hope it get your problems sorted.

I really do wonder sometimes, our meds cause so may awful problems :(
  • eugeneg
    eugeneg Member Posts: 36
    Options
    fayrose wrote:
    Good luck Eugene. Not a fun procedure I guess (being female), but I hope it get your problems sorted.

I really do wonder sometimes, our meds cause so may awful problems :(

Hi All,

Many thanks for your kind support, it is much appreciated. I just wanted to say that the expert couldn't say for definite it was because of my low immune system, and therefore my Enbrel, he said I might just be unlucky!! I didn't want to put any of you off your drugs - I sincerley hope I haven't panicked any of you.

Eugene.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    all the best with the op.
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    all the best with the op.
    very best of luck 2 morrow .debs
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, hope everything goes ok for you love jaspercatxx
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    eugeneg wrote:
    Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that I went to see my Urologist Monday night. In addition to my RA & Fibro and the other problems, I have also been struggling this year with numerous infections, one of which has been/is Epididymitis - From a bloke's perspective? :oops: Very painful down below :shock: :shock: The numerous infections have been because I am on Enbrel (have been 3 years) and my Immune system has been battered. My Urologist feels the level of infection in my system is chronic, and the root is my Prostate, and the past 4 months of anti-biotics have not shifted it. He couldn't answer whether I got the infection as a result of low immunity or whether he said I am just unlucky (I've heard that before! :roll: ) I now have to go into hospital tomorrow to have a "procedure" :cry: Simply he wants to try and rid my system of
    infection at the rot cause. I will be out under general (thankfully) and should be back out tomorrow night :D . I'm lucky to work at a company with private health Insurance, I've been very lucky to speed things up! I'm not looking forward to it but hopefully it will do the trick and it will be one less problem to worry about!

Eugene.

Hi Eugene Please take care and i hope it goes well for you. i understand how you feel about the meds i am the same, had 2 major ops last year one on tummy one to take out my gal bladder, then one to remove stones from my right kidney. then another to remove a blockage now i have the stones in the left kidney. sometimes i think to myself it might be better to do without the drugs lay in bed and put up with pain. Let us know how it went if your well enough when you get home ill watch out for you.
    Collin
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and hoping that they managed to get to the ............. (oops, unfortunate choice of words nearly popped out here!) :oops: :oops:

no, that won't do ....... :wink:

I hope all goes well and they find the cause of your infections and manage to deal with it for you.
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hello Eugene,
    I remember replying to your initial post about this infection. That was ages ago! Poor you :(
    Good luck for tomorrow :wink:
    Magenta x
  • bettieboop22
    bettieboop22 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Dear Eugene
    I do wish you well for your procedure....hope it sorts out the problem. I was on Enbrel for 5 and a half years (until 6 weeks ago) and did have a few infections of various sorts, it's so hard when you have to deal with the results of medication as well as the illness.
    I started on Rituximab last Friday so know how nervous you are today about having a procedure today....good luck.....am thinking of you.....at least you won't be awake for it, eh? Wishing you well, Anita :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Hi Eugene
    Ooooohhh!!! Poor you!!
    I hope all went well and you are comfortable.
    Take care
    Toni xx
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Eugene
    Ooooohhh!!! Poor you!!
    I hope all went well and you are comfortable.
    Take care
    Toni xx

Come on ugene let us know how your doing i do hope it all went well for you.
    Colin
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Yes Eugene
    Are you ok? We are worried!!
    Toni x