So Dissapointed

Options
petmad
petmad Member Posts: 252
edited 5. Dec 2008, 09:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have been waiting for admission to hospital to remove the osteophyte and disc at C5/6. As the time has passed I have phoned the Neurosurgeon's secretary weekly. I am now told it will be January at the earliest.

I am so down about this, I feel I need the surgery so I will be able to get a clearer picture of where my arthritis is at this time. We do not know if the deterioration is caused by the osteophyte, or is it my arthritis.

I remain in no mans land and am as confused as ever. Linda

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am so sorry for you, Linda. I know when my knee replacements were delayed for just a week I felt so low, so I can't imagine the depths you feel. :cry: Do you know why there's such a delay - is it just the bed situation or is it due to your health at the moment?

Hope your spirits lift very soon.

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    petmad wrote:
    I have been waiting for admission to hospital to remove the osteophyte and disc at C5/6. As the time has passed I have phoned the Neurosurgeon's secretary weekly. I am now told it will be January at the earliest.

I am so down about this, I feel I need the surgery so I will be able to get a clearer picture of where my arthritis is at this time. We do not know if the deterioration is caused by the osteophyte, or is it my arthritis.

I remain in no mans land and am as confused as ever. Linda

Hi Linda, nothing worse than being kept waiting you get your hopes built up then the let you down. you get all pscyed up for nothing and then have to go through it again. take care and hang in
    Collin
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Hi Linda
    Poor you!
    Try to keep postive - I know it's not easy. I wish you all the best and I hope you get a definite date very soon so you can start to plan the rest of your life
    Toni xx
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    Options
    Many thank for you responses. I know I am not the only one waiting, however am getting really fed up as I have been jumping through all the medical hoops since Nov 07. I am now so tired and fed up, feeling I have no where to turn.

Today I went for an eye test and could not continue with the appointment as people on Incapacity benefit don't get assistance. When I came home I phoned the benefit agency and they informed me I will get Income Support as of 12th Dec so have remade the appointment for 15th. I will still have to pay a great deal of the costs as my eyes need special lenses not covered. Oh lord...I should have got a job with private health insurance.

:oops: sorry to be so downcast...wish I still enjoyed a drink...a large whiskey would go down well..another downside to the medication :roll: I cant tolerate alcohol!!

So I am off to indulge in my latest addiction...I am going to demolish a whole roll of wine gums...and there just better be some green ones in there :lol:
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I know what you mean about the expense, I have to have special lenses, ohterwise my glasses would be too heavy for frames and look awful. I know I need new ones, but keep putting off makeing the appointment. I must though, last night I couldn't read some print in a dicionary, and my husband told me off for not going - my fault - I woke him up to ask how to spell a word for the crossword :oops: I am sorry you had that experience though, its bad enough having to wear glasses, and pay for those, let alone the test as well. Sue xx