exercise DVD's

Options
tjenny54321
tjenny54321 Member Posts: 64
edited 5. Dec 2008, 17:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
I got bored doing the exercises from physio and have just bought Davina Mc Call's DVD but there are exercise which involves getting down on floor. I am not sure whether this one is particularly suitable but it was recommended for weight loss. Some of the music is a bit naff but seems ok otherwise. Are there any better ones for people with arthritis. I know aerobic exercises are not ideal for me but I am desperate to lose weight so needs must. Swimming pool is like the artic! Got persistant cold last year. Put money on it was down to the chilly water.
Thanks

Comments

• mouseymousey
    mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello tjenny, Based on a totally non medical viewpoint (mine)..the pool was good - but - I used to ache so much afterwards. I did some pilates on holiday and really enjoyed that. Its something I would like to do some more of. Its deceptive, as you think you are not doing much? But really tones up your muscles. I had a word with a physio and she said she would recommend it too. At the moment too much of a wreck to do much (crawling around on the floor tonight, as my back was so bad) but must be dvd's out there?
  • pancake
    pancake Member Posts: 1
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I got bored doing the exercises from physio and have just bought Davina Mc Call's DVD but there are exercise which involves getting down on floor. I am not sure whether this one is particularly suitable but it was recommended for weight loss. Some of the music is a bit naff but seems ok otherwise. Are there any better ones for people with arthritis. I know aerobic exercises are not ideal for me but I am desperate to lose weight so needs must. Swimming pool is like the artic! Got persistant cold last year. Put money on it was down to the chilly water.
    Thanks

Have you considered Sun Style Tai Chi?