A Good Turn, that really cheered me up

Options
piratequeen
piratequeen Member Posts: 13
edited 15. Dec 2008, 20:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
I started my dreaded christmas shopping today, which is always a hassle but when you factor in a walking stick therefore minusing one hand it just adds even more stress to the experience.
However imagine my delight when while bra (sorry men) shopping for myself I happened upon a wonderfully nice checkout lady. I was at the till paying, when she said in a really loud voice "Oh so you've got these vouchers then" While I'm looking completely puzzled, she proceeds to pull these vouchers from under the counter and scans them into the cashier. Imagine my delight when as she scans each one in £5 is knocked off my overall price. Eventually after knocking £20 off my she leans over and in a loud whisper says "I hope you don't mind me doing that, but I noticed the stick and I know how difficult it can be juggling your disability benefits, christmas shopping and personal shopping." To which I simply replied "Hey, you've just saved me money, I don't mind at all."
Spent the rest of the day, not being fazed my rude pushy people or any of the crowds. Silly how one nice turn can make you happy, so thought I would share my good fortune with the group and hopefully spread a little bit of joy about human kindness.
:)

Comments

• jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Pirate Queen, that is really great, that checkout lady sounds really nice, it is nice to hear something good about a supermarket, I think she deserves a big bouquet of flowers love jaspercatxxx :D:D:D:D
  • mouseymousey
    mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Oh thats nice. A teeny one today. Went to my local Co-Op. I never use basket or trolley as I can't manage them and the stick. I just dump things in a shopping bag. Anyway, today the young man (makes me sound so old) unloaded the bag for me, and packed it; then he counted out the money from my hand as my hands were rubbish...
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    sarahh wrote:
    So what's the name of the shop then so we can all go get that discount? :lol:

Hi Pirate Queen i just have one question for you
    Do they sell underpants take care
    Colin
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    Options
    Aah!
    That's a lovely story!
    Makes a very pleasant change. :)
    Colin - you don't need underpants!! Otherwise what will people give you for Christmas!!! :wink:
    Toni x
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    nice to know somebody had a good day we didnt one shop would not even trust us with shopping trolly 200 yards to office car park as was not trusted to bring it back if i had not all ready paid i would have walked away :roll: :x :x xx {may}
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    There are some smashing people out there and it is nice to hear about your good fortune in meeting one today.

It is too easy to remember the bad and forget the good.
  • jeannie2
    jeannie2 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Can I join in this one?

I've just had the best thing anyone could have give me! I just got a letter from an acquaintance, thanking me for a load of support I wasn't aware I'd given. I'd always supposed that I was a bit of a damned nuiscance to them. I cried ... I'm not used to being thanked and it's a bit of a new experience. I feel all wobbly now and don't know what to do with myself!
    Jeannie
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    jeannie wrote:
    I'm not used to being thanked and it's a bit of a new experience. I feel all wobbly now and don't know what to do with myself! Jeannie

Thanks Jeannie. :cry::cry::cry::cry: (sympathetic tears)

Now sit down, dry up, have a cup of tea. :lol:

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif