Exciting but scary times

Options
Rainbow77
Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
edited 9. Dec 2008, 16:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone

I have really missed you all. I have been computer and internetless for nearly 3 weeks!! I had my computer upgraded which is great as hopefully it should not crash as many times now! But I have missed being on the net so much. It made me realise how much I rely on and use it for so many things - including coming on here!!

Well for those who don't know me, I have been off work for 2 and a half years with Reactive Arthritis. It took a long time to get a diagnosis and the right treatment. I was a full time teacher before and I have just been signed fit for work by my GP 2 weeks ago. So that was a very exciting day for me and it has taken a couple of weeks to let that sink in and I have just made my claim for Job seekers allowance.

I am not sure if I am going back to teaching or something related to that field or what. I want to work 3 days a week and be able to live off that.

Financially it is a bit scary at the moment as incapacity benefit has not stopped and my insurance company have paid the payment for December and so that is about it. Also having been off work for 2 years - I have not got a penny in savings and I am about 350 pounds overdrawn so got nothing to play with.

But it is nice to feel like I can be useful again and not totally written off. But I know that you guys will be behind me and supporting me during this time of transition and change. I will let you know what happens.

I have also started a college course 4 weeks ago. I am doing counselling skills - Level 2. Just 2 hours a week for 20 weeks. It has been good to get back out into the world and meet new people and learn something new to get the brain back working after feeling like much for 2 years!!

If anyone has any hints and tips for going back to work - then I would appreciate them.

Take care everyone and looking forward to reading all what has happened over the last 3 weeks that i have been missing from here.

Hugs ((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))

Fayann xxx

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Fayann
    I WONDERED where you were!!! Now I know!
    Glad things have been on the up for you and how exiting to be looking for work again! You must let us know how you get on.
    My computer is poorly at the moment and I am worried that I will be unable to get online soon. My nephew is going to lok at it later so I hope all will be well.#As you can see there have been lots of new members while you were away so you ahve lots of catching up to do!
    Welcome back
    Toni xx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hi would just like to say hello i am quite a newbe and well done for doing the course i know from my experiances in the past how much good they can do ...xx {hugs may}
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    hi Fayann
    nice to see you posting again..hope things are coming together for you now.....about work...how about volunteer work for a while but jumping straight into a job which will be hard going at first....all the best

Fayann. i have just seen on working forum that there are arth courses preparing going back to work.how bout one of those?