Shop Mobility

Options
jaspercat
jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
edited 10. Dec 2008, 16:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone, I have just discovered the joys of shop mobility in Macclesfield, they will loan you a wheelchair either manual or electric to go round the town centre, I went for the first time today and the lady even gave me a blanket for my knees, it was rainy and cold, will certainly use this service again, a big thumbs up from me love Jaspercatxxx :D:D:D:D

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    What a great idea, and it must have been good to see Christmas shops. I don't think we have this in Norwich, the best we can do is hire one from the Red Cross and that is quite a business :? Sue xx
  • mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    Options
    jaspercat wrote:
    Hi Everyone, I have just discovered the joys of shop mobility in Macclesfield, they will loan you a wheelchair either manual or electric to go round the town centre, I went for the first time today and the lady even gave me a blanket for my knees, it was rainy and cold, will certainly use this service again, a big thumbs up from me love Jaspercatxxx :D:D:D:D
    Hi Jaspaper,

In Northern Ireland here we have a lot of shop mobility shops , the first time I used there service it was great to get out and about again to feel the air woozing by your face was great feeling, the only thing was the shop mobility shut on Saturday. So I decieded to use the low care compondent of the DLA to get my own mobility scooter.

Mike R & Hazel :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • hels78
    hels78 Member Posts: 60
    Options
    Woodbon - I think there is one at Chapelfield but you have to pay
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Ah right i didn't know that. Thanks, I'll remember. Sue.
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, thank you for your resonses, it was great to get out, the xmas decorations in the shopping precinct were lovely, we went passed an old fashioned sweet shop, very difficult to ignore, the only down side was finding a coffee shop with wide enough aisles, as we were going to have a warm drink and a slice of cake, maybe that is something to approach the council about love Jasper Catxxx
  • huddylion
    huddylion Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Think i might have to start using these, as the wife who is a lot younger try's to get me out but i just cant do it, a few minutes is all i can mange then i just have to sit down in a cafe or bench and wait for her and my three year old :(
  • wallysatt
    wallysatt Member Posts: 87
    Options
    I have a book which lists all the names and addresses of all the Shopmobility schemes in the country. I got it for free from the Ford garage when I got my new motability car. I keep it in my car so it’s there when I need it.

Shopmobility does give you a new lease of life, so much so my Mum and Dad bought me my own scooter in February and I love it. I sleep better because I get more fresh air and I’m so much happier in myself. Its well worth the investment and it also breaks up into several pieces so I can put it in and out of my car on my own giving me greater independence.