Funny thumb!

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 9. Dec 2008, 17:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all,
Yesterday, my left thumb at the joint near my nail, wouldn't bend. Of course I tried and tried and eventually it bent with a loud crack and thumb became very painful :oops: Now, I have a numbness in the tip of my thumb and the whole thumb feels warm inside :shock: and feeling now going into my hand. Does anyone else get this?
Magenta x

Comments

• redpoppy
    redpoppy Member Posts: 108
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi magenta,yes i get that too in my thumb,sometimes mine wont bend at all.ive had several steriod injections in it over the years,they do help for a while.try and keep bending it if its not too painful to keep it from seizing up all together.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Perhaps you have trigger thumb.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • magenta
    Options
    Hiya,
    Redpoppy, my thumb has been doing this for a while now-another thing to be bothered about! It is stiffening up and I have to really try hard to bend it-now sore again :lol:
    Elna, it's lovely to see you posting on here again, nice to have you back :wink: I don't really know what's involved with trigger thumb but I'll ask rhuemy next month about it, cheers x
    Magenta

PS Every time I bend it it really clicks-aaargh!
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    My thumb is like this too!!!! thought it was just my odd body :shock: :roll: :wink:

the same joint that clunks is also bigger and seems more bony rather than inflamed. The consultant didn't want to know .... but I am thinking I should ring and chat to the rheumy nurse as it is getting more painful.

If I get any answers before you go to the Consultant I'll let you know!
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Wonky,
    I can play a tune with mine!
    Magenta x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    now who's showing off?! :lol::lol:

Mine is making writing difficult - even with my pen between middle and index finger (my preferred methodthese days). Also picking up pans etc ...... grrrr