hospital appt.

Options
julies
julies Member Posts: 68
edited 13. Dec 2008, 18:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've just come back from Sams hospital appointment.
His paediatrician is going to contact the paediatric rheumatologist in Glasgow about putting him on 'injection therapy'.
Anyone know what this is?
I should know as it has been explained to me before, but so has a lot of things and I've got myself confused :oops:
His inflammatory markers were not very high :? does that mean he doesn't need any more treatment?
Appreciate any advice
Julie

Comments

• magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Julie,
    I work at that hospital. I will try and find out what this therapy entails. Good news, they're obviously really trying to help Sam-hope he is well :wink:
    Magenta x
  • julies
    Options
    Thank you so much magenta.
    It is so good of you to reply to my post.
    I sometimes feel so alone in dealing with Sams condition.
    luv
    julie
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Julie,
    I aked a pharmacist that deals with medicines information regarding the injection therapy. She thought it might be to do with intra-articular joint injections, like steroids. They usually try these out first before they go onto other injections. I'm sorry I don't have any other info for you but I'll keep trying :wink: You know you can ask anything you want on here, you're not alone :) I would love to be able to give you more advice-sorry. Take care, both of you,
    Magenta x
  • julies
    Options
    Hi magenta
    Thanks again for your reply.
    Don't think it was steroid injections they were referring to as that was also discussed.
    They had talked about anti tnf?? but I think they were expecting his inflammatory markers to be much higher :? So. I suppose I'll just have to wait until someone gets back to me from the hospital.
    Thanks sooooooooo much
    luv
    julie
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Julie,
    When the pharmacist started talking about steroid injections I didn't think this is what 'injection therapy' was. I've had these done but I definitely get the impression it's something else like, as you've mentioned- ant tnf. Maybe some other folks on here that get these injections can help. I will keep trying :wink:
    Magenta x