glad of cancellation

Options
eilean1
eilean1 Member Posts: 12
edited 15. Dec 2008, 05:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
I never thought I would be happy to be told that a party ws cancelled. But I am. My 40-yrear-old son was having a nice family do tonight but his partner hs just telephoned to say that it is off and he is bedbound after spending last week climbing at Glencoe.
Now I can relax and not have to worry about sitting and standing and driving and looking , or attempting to look, lovely. A beautiful night without stress stretches ahead But it is awful to have let pain dominate my way of thinking like this.
eilean.

Comments

• jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, I can relate to how you are feeling, I am dreading my father-in-law coming for xmas, I just want a relaxing, peaceful time, no worries and no stress, but I know that when he comes I will go out of my way to help him to enjoy himself and make sure he has a nice time, my husband wants his dad to come so I am caught between the two of them, I hope you enjoy your peaceful evening love Jaspercatxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,471
    Options
    Eilean
    I do NOT blame you one bit!!! :wink:
    And as for Christmas visitors....well:!: :roll:
    I don't think the time of year helps at all either - all I want is to hiode in the house with the fire on!!!
    Toni xx
  • bettieboop22
    bettieboop22 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    ah, I'm sooooo glad it's not just me that likes to hibernate in the winter, put my coal fire on and just laze in front of it with my lovely dog curled up beside me :)
    Beats having to struggle to get ready to go out and put a smile on my face anyday :lol:
    Anita xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I know how you fell. Last week I had a cold and had to cancel a dinner, which would have ment driving a round trip of 30 miles in the dark. I felt guilty, but great. Today my hubby said before going to work that he didn't want to go to a leaving party at a colleages house tonight as he has also hed the cold quite badly, and spent the night coughing. As we had been on a long journey yesterday, delivering christmas presents and I feel tired and stiff, I felt so releaved. I do feel very sorry for him and I am worried in a wifey way, but I cann't help being glad not to go out :oops: