Stupid, stupid stupid!

Options
deborahsonia
deborahsonia Member Posts: 17
edited 19. Dec 2008, 15:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
That just sums me up, Stupid.
I'm on every medication there is, including methotrexate, I only go and have a couple of wines on a Crimbo outing, and as I have not drunk alcohol in a while, it went to my head, and found myself standing on a chair (how I got up there I couldnt tell you) singing Chiquitita, all of a sudden, someone fell behind me with a tray of drinks and pulled me done with her!
I am black and blue down one side, and I could cry, I must have put myself back 5 years! Supposed to be going to see the Pougues tomorrow, and I have to pretend and smile. Cant even lift my arms, but managed to get into work this morning. Debs
:(:(:( :oops: :oops: :oops:

Comments

• suziev
    suziev Member Posts: 252
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    why is it that just too much fun is not good for our health. :o

get better soon and at least you hurt yourself having fun makes for a better story, better then slipping on ice!

well done for dragging yourself into work

suzie
  • debsmartin
    debsmartin Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Poor you Debs, but at least it sounds like you had a good time, I know that don't make you feel any better but here's hoping for a speedy recovery - I must watch out for the demon drink as its my hubbys works party on Friday.

debs
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    ouch i can almost feel your aches and pains so i am sending the very gentlest of hugs and rubs but the bigest wishes that it all settles down soon xxx may i make a suggeston to all party people as to the new party ware ,, a sumo fancy dress costume , to avoid these problems , please be gentle with your self for a few days . {hugs may} xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Luck on the bright side. Make the effort.
    Go and see the pogues and ask 'em to
    play "The band played Waltzing Matilda."
  • annic4363
    annic4363 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    I'm on every medication there is, including methotrexate, I only go and have a couple of wines on a Crimbo outing, and as I have not drunk alcohol in a while, it went to my head, and found myself standing on a chair (how I got up there I couldnt tell you) singing Chiquitita, all of a sudden, someone fell behind me with a tray of drinks and pulled me done with her!
    I am black and blue down one side, and I could cry, I must have put myself back 5 years! Supposed to be going to see the Pougues tomorrow, and I have to pretend and smile. Cant even lift my arms, but managed to get into work this morning. Debs

I am just SOOO glad it isn't just me! My old Dad used to call me 'an accident looking for somewhere to happen"! I am sorry you are black and blue though.

I went down on my knees last Thursday and skinned both of them. I look like a five year old out of my jeans. And now I have totally lost my voice! Still I suppose it means the book club christmas party tonight will be spared 'Dancing Queen'!

I hope you feel better soon

Annie
    x
    x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    poor you!

Mind you, at least you can think back to the enjoyable night (pre-fall that is! :roll: ) I always think that it is easier to cope with pain caused by my having agood time than by pain that just 'is' for whatever reason.

:!: Perhaps last night had a curse on it :?: ....... I managed to take THIS MORNING's medication LAST NIGHT!! Had to ring the late night GP and have felt really rubbish all day. Hopefully will be back to 'normal' tomorrow - here's hoping!
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    It's a crimbo crash, what else did you expect.

One day you will look back on it and :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

At least you have Christmas and New Year to get over it.

Joseph 8)X
    Josephm0310.gif
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hello,
    It reminds me of a christmas night-out I had about 7yrs ago, not long after I had been diagnosed. My 'real' name is Eileen, so when 'Come on Eileen' came on, my friends decided it would be a good idea to sit me on a chair and lift me up above their heads :shock:
    Needless to say I ended up on my face! It was sore but very funny :lol:
    Magenta x
  • kezzo1
    kezzo1 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    hehe poor u! xmas makes us silly hehe or the drink anyway.
    look after yourself hun xx
  • eugeneg
    eugeneg Member Posts: 36
    Options

Hi There,

Sorry to hear of your mis-hap I really am, that being said it did not hurt (I hope that makes sense) in having a few drinks and blowing off some steam, we will need to do this once in a while. I have 2 work do's this week, I will take the one on Wednesday night easy as it is a school night but I am sure I will over do it on Friday and regret it Saturday morning!!

I have seen the Pogues twice. The last time was in '87! Showing my age or what??

I hope you start feeling better soon.

Take care,

Eugene.
  • luckybug
    luckybug Member Posts: 205
    Options
    Lol. I went to costa brava and did almost same thing earlier this year, only difference was I slipped coming out of a nightclub toilet, went down like a sack of spuds my backside and legs and arms were bruised to hell, I never felt it that night, but remember loads of women trying to get me up off the wet floor, it was a right carry on, as once I go down I'm buggered....lol. Anyway got up and went for plane next morning, but lord could I feel it, was in agony all the way home, had just been getting my arthritis under control as well, my bloods readings were 27 lowest in years, went back had another blood tests back in 50s..... whose a silly girl. Ah well recovered now, and a memory I can laugh at now, didn't laugh for a month or two though, just glad I never broke anything... :oops:
    Theres a reason they tell us to take more water with it!!!!!!!!!!
  • deborahsonia
    deborahsonia Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks everyone, dont feel so stupid now.The pogues were superb, pogo I did, along with everyone else, and thought, I'm going to suffer for this tomorrow, so I may as well make the most of it. And oh God did I. BUT HEY, I'm walking now like I have blocks of wood down my legs to my feet, was it worth it? OH YES. X X X

Debs
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Thanks everyone, dont feel so stupid now.The pogues were superb, pogo I did, along with everyone else, and thought, I'm going to suffer for this tomorrow, so I may as well make the most of it. And oh God did I. BUT HEY, I'm walking now like I have blocks of wood down my legs to my feet, was it worth it? OH YES. X X X

Debs

Good for you :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif