o/a v r/a questions??

Options
mash65
mash65 Bots Posts: 834
edited 16. Dec 2008, 09:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi all,as ur all proberbly aware i was dianosed with o/a hands & knees,spondylosis,cervical & lumber spine in aug 08.my bloods came back normal so did my cervical xrays(now 1 inch shorter)having physio,no help what so ever.i have now lost a third of left arm function,physio say its inflammation,also says i have o/a in my elbows o/a has creep in left hip.+joint hypermobility in elbows & shoulder.told her havent slept properly with pain killers & sleeping tabs since nov.also on morphine patches.taking all p/killers to max,ibru included,& max on sleeping tabs.still in chronic pain.im sleeping on i hot water bottle.iv never slept flat on my back in my life until now.iv got rhymy app. in april 09.kept diary.question is infammation.my bloods came back normal,have had sinnisitis,foot infections,high bp,constant sniffles,feeeling unwell.should i be insisitng on mri,or bring forward rhymy app. for answers.r/a or o/a any answers to help me forward. thanx debs (wishing for pain free sleep)

Comments

• livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    As you say:
    i was diagnosed with o/a hands & knees,spondylosis,cervical & lumber spine in aug 08. my bloods came back normal.

iv got rhymy app. in april 09. should i be insisitng on mri,or bring forward rhymy app. for answers.

r/a or o/a

If its making your life a misery, r/a or o/a doesn't really matter. :cry: Both conditions are very painful and uncomfortable.

As you feel that your condition has become much worse since Aug 2008, I would suggest that you request an earlier appointment with your rheumy and explain the situation. :( At least an appointment with your GP for advice. :?

In the meantime try to keep as warm and comfy as possible. :idea: It would be an idea to contact the Helpline Team on this forum as well. They give good advice and its free.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Oh dear
    This sounds reallly miserable :(
    I endorse what Joseph has advised.
    Hope you feel at least a little better soon
    Toni xx
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, speaking personally I would speak to my gp and insist on a Mri scan, also ask him to get on to the Rheumy and ask for a urgent appt, someone has to help you, it is not good enough just leaving you to get worse. I sincerely hope that you can get help sorting it all out, and that you feel better sooner rather than later love Jaspercatxxx
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    Options
    thanx for the replies.yes i agee with all u said.gonna ruffle some feathers now with gp.just needed to know if i was going in the right direction with this.thanx again debs