HI, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT ACPA AND ACG BLOOD TEST IS?

Options
suepollard
suepollard Member Posts: 28
edited 23. Dec 2008, 08:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI all, does anyone know what ACPA AND ACG blood test are, ive had one diagnosis of Osteoarthritis and now seeing a further consultant to determine things, he is doing these blood tests acpa and acg, but would the test show a false reading if im on aniti-inflammatories, thanks very much all of you, hows all of your Xmas shopping going? if its anything like mine is not so good, need to get mi finger out, take care all
sue :D

Comments

• livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    suepollard wrote:
    HI all, does anyone know what ACPA AND ACG blood test are, ive had one diagnosis of Osteoarthritis and now seeing a further consultant to determine things, he is doing these blood tests acpa and acg, but would the test show a false reading if im on aniti-inflammatories, thanks very much all of you, hows all of your Xmas shopping going? if its anything like mine is not so good, need to get mi finger out, take care all
    sue :D

Anti-citrullinated protein antibodies (ACPAs) have recently emerged as sensitive and specific serological markers of rheumatoid arthritis (RA), providing superior alternative of the rheumatoid factor (RF) test in the laboratory diagnostics of RA. :D

The only reference I can find for ACG is that it is associated with Threonine one of the Essential Amino Acids which cannot be synthesized by the human body. :shock:

Well you did ask. :lol:

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • slummymummy
    slummymummy Member Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Sorry I can't answer your question. Just wondering how you are, and whether you are any closer to a diagnosis yet? It seems to be taking ages. Hope your family are doing ok too,

Slummy
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    Options
    Hi Sue
    Joseph knows more than me too Sue!
    Just wanted to say I have christmas under control thanks. Nice of you to ask.
    I hope those tests give you some answers. I have hreumy apt at 3.30 - got go on my own hubby in Coventry. I didn't send him!!! :wink:
    Take care
    Toni x