how often does everone crack snap and pop?

Options
kezzo1
kezzo1 Member Posts: 171
edited 21. Dec 2008, 00:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi
i crack all the time does everyone else or is this still a sign my ra is still not udner control coz my blood results are still up and down all over the place its been a year now i been on mtx 20 mg, hope consultant does something about my meds jan getting so fed up,
is all this normal dailey stuff or should i be telling rhumy nurse coz i havnt. :roll: [/code][/url][/b]

Comments

• melbland
    melbland Member Posts: 36
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yes. I have at least one bone/joint that cracks/creaks/pops etc etc on a daily basis. My left thumb cracks every few minutes which is always great fun!

Therefore, you are not alone :wink:
  • rella1965
    rella1965 Member Posts: 34
    Options
    kezzo1 wrote:
    hi
    i crack all the time does everyone else or is this still a sign my ra is still not udner control coz my blood results are still up and down all over the place its been a year now i been on mtx 20 mg, hope consultant does something about my meds jan getting so fed up,
    is all this normal dailey stuff or should i be telling rhumy nurse coz i havnt. :roll: [/code][/url][/b]

Hi there

I have only just been diagnosed a couple of weeks ago and i was wondering the same thing. My shoulders and arms are very noisy and my knees grate. It doesnt hurt though, sometimes I also get a snapping noise across my shoulder blade like a muscle has been twanged. Nice to hear its not just me then.
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    I love watching people wince when my neck cracks, I didn't realise how loud it was until my sister heard it across the room-she was nearly sick!!! I thought it was hilarious and still wind her up about it!!! :wink:
  • hels78
    hels78 Member Posts: 60
    Options
    I crack, snap and pop on a regular basis - I sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies :D
  • mrsdalloway2nd
    mrsdalloway2nd Member Posts: 13
    Options
    This one made me smile. My latest was in a life drawing class recently having held my arm up for a while drawing I come to put it down and it crunched, the lady next to me was not amused by the look of horror on her face. My wrists crunch as well which gives me something to wind the kids up with, small things and all that :lol:
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hello,
    I crack all the time, every joint! But just to sidetrack for a minute-I get 'electric shocks ' from things, including other people! They're really sore but funny :shock: Most of my family are the same-when I was younger, I used to walk around Goldbergs (a popular Glaswegian department store in the 70's/80's) with my brother and sisters and touch metal objects to see who could get the biggest shock! Anyone else like this? Or am I weird? :lol:
    Magenta xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    magenta - NO ... you are not weird .... unless I am too!!!!!!!!

I used to hate goinginto big department stores which had escalators - I couldn't hold onto the rails as I always got a shock from them. Also the shelves and even the door handles sometimes.

I used to think I was the only one - my family would really smile.

Even more embarrssing :oops: is the fact that there are times when a peck on the cheek from my hubby becomes a 'shocking' event :shock: :shock: ........ he used to get upset if he shocked me, now we just have a laugh! :lol::lol:
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi Wonky,
    It makes me laugh too! I get it from escalators-usually in Next :shock: I've given my kids shocks when I kiss them-very strange :lol:
    Magenta x
  • redpoppy
    redpoppy Member Posts: 108
    Options
    hi,i get shocks from car doors,shopping trollys my fireguard and even my cat sometimes i thought i was weird.lol :D
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    redpoppy wrote:
    hi,i get shocks from car doors,shopping trollys my fireguard and even my cat sometimes i thought i was weird.lol :D
    That sounds like a static build up.

Combing your hair or walking/rubbing your feet on a carpet in a dry atmosphere can cause static build up. Your clothing also generates static when you move about, especially nylon or silk. When you remove certain types of clothing you hear 'clicking' or even see sparks in a darkened room - that's the static electricity. :shock:

For clothes and carpets you can get anti-static sprays. But I have not tried any, so how effective they are I don't know. :?

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    kezzo1 wrote:
    hi
    is all this normal dailey stuff or should i be telling rhumy nurse coz i havnt. :roll:

I have been assured that it's gas (nitrogen) escaping from bubbles that form in the fluid in your joints. It's all perfectly normal, and we all get it, to some degree or other. :D

If in doubt, ask the Helpline Team on this forum and post the answer on this thread for us. :lol:

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I crack all the time and always have had some cracky joints! A few weeks ago, when I was working, my shoulder cracked so loudly the person I was helping was deaf but still heard it and the look of shock on her face made me laugh, would'nt believe it was me :oops: Love Sue
  • kezzo1
    kezzo1 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLYS XX
  • kate21
    kate21 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    I've been wondering about this too. I've been told by GP that cracking and popping sounds are normal for someone with hypermobility (double-jointed as most people know it) but I'm sure there must been a link to the RA aswell. Otherwise why would it all have increased so much singe I have had the RA symptoms in the last few years? My left knee crunches and grates terribly going up and down stairs, I often think it's my bag or coat or something until I realise it's me! My right knee is quite amusing though, looking at it in the mirror my knee-cap moves round and round in circles, not just the normal up and down! At least these things keep us a little entertained!
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    kate21 wrote:
    I've been wondering about this too. I've been told by GP that cracking and popping sounds are normal for someone with hypermobility (double-jointed as most people know it) but I'm sure there must been a link to the RA aswell. Otherwise why would it all have increased so much singe I have had the RA symptoms in the last few years? My left knee crunches and grates terribly going up and down stairs, I often think it's my bag or coat or something until I realise it's me! My right knee is quite amusing though, looking at it in the mirror my knee-cap moves round and round in circles, not just the normal up and down! At least these things keep us a little entertained!

I thought it went with the RA i crack snap and pop so much i feel like a rice crispy, Elbows ankles knees wrists. Some times it hurts like hell other times it doesent. I never thought to ask the Rheumy about it i just thought it was part of the arthritis.
    Colin