Blue Badge price rise......

Options
luckybug
luckybug Member Posts: 205
edited 19. Dec 2008, 13:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7785492.stm
Click on the link and read this article on the BBC website.

Just another way of robbing us on already low incomes, so the FREE PARKING will not be so FREE.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    BAH!! :x
    Toni x
  • wallysatt
    wallysatt Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Who is going to be doing the administration if it costs more that £20 per badge!?! It can’t possibly cost that much.
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, I think it is disgusting, I don't mind a small price rise but this is ridiculous, up to £20 but I will still have my blue badge, I can't manage without it love Jaspercatxx
  • luckybug
    Options
    jaspercat wrote:
    Hi, I think it is disgusting, I don't mind a small price rise but this is ridiculous, up to £20 but I will still have my blue badge, I can't manage without it love Jaspercatxx

Thats the problem jaspercat, they know we need them, so they are gonna take advantage.
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    There will be an implementation period of 5 years then a reassesment of the reforms. :P

Department for Transport say that they expect the charge for a 3 year Blue badge should average £14.75. But councils can charge up to £20 for a badge. If you need an assessment as well, then this would be another £20 on top, making a charge of £40. DfT say this is fair. :cry::cry::cry:

Any council would need to justify a charge which was not reasonable and exceeds the cost of the administration. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: This is termed 'blue sky thinking'.

The Department for Transport have recently completed a project to save £57million. Good for them. :D Unfortunatly, it cost £81million to implement it. Enough said! :cry:

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • luckybug
    Options
    These beauracratic imbiciles must all sit in one office, thinking of how to use our money up implementing things that do not need implementing. Look at the NHS all the scheming they have done to make it more efficient, now the ambulance drivers are being overstretched, and why? because no one can get to see a doctor when they need to. I rang the other day to see my GP, the triage GP rang me back, I explained I was full of flu, aching and I still have a leg/foot infection but ran out of antibiotics, she said the flu would go take some anti inflammatory for my arthritis aches and go to the walk in centre if I was worried about my foot. I explained I am on anti TNF drugs and my immune system is low, and I have a bacterial infection due to the Humira in my leg and foot, once again she told me to go to the walk in centre. Off to the walk in centre I went, the nurse could not prescribe me anything as she is not a DR?? so I was told to go see my GP..... back to square one. So much for making sure I seek medical advice should I have any problems with the Humira............... as Anti TNF should not be taken lightly.