STERIOD INJECTIONS...IS THEIR ANYTHING ELSE

Options
daynas
daynas Member Posts: 7
edited 18. Dec 2008, 10:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
:D Hi

I am new to the site.
Im 52 but feel like 72 lol, iv had fibromyalgia for 12 years, RA for 3 years and have just been diagnosed with Osteritis.
Im on 20mg of methotreaxte and Sulfasalazine.
My RA is very aggressive my inflamation started at 82 12 months ago and has just gone down to 59.
The thing is my RA nurse offered me yet another steriod injection knowing that it would make my OA worse in time, i had a steriod injection in October and my gp has warned me not to have more than 4 injections a year.
Is their anything that helps like the steriod injection (without the side effects to your bones), medicine or injection that can help my pain as i am rather a big **** where pain is concerened lol.
Im on Tradamol and paracetamol and diclofenac.

Comments

• jimmy77
    jimmy77 Member Posts: 71
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    daynas wrote:

I am new to the site.
    Im 52 but feel like 72 lol, iv had fibromyalgia for 12 years, RA for 3 years and have just been diagnosed with Osteritis.
    My RA is very aggressive my inflamation started at 82 12 months ago and has just gone down to 59.
    The thing is my RA nurse offered me yet another steriod injection knowing that it would make my OA worse in time, i had a steriod injection in October and my gp has warned me not to have more than 4 injections a year.
    Is their anything that helps like the steriod injection (without the side effects to your bones), medicine or injection that can help my pain as i am rather a big **** where pain is concerened lol.

Hi,

Nothing better for my RA, but I take a small amout of oral steroids everyday-5mg. that most of the time keeps me in check, but with the holidays coming up I would like a steroid shot for my Christmas present. It would be a great gift because the other stuff just doesn't work for me over the last 20 years and I get great pain relieve and energy from them.

Jimmy77
  • luckybug
    luckybug Member Posts: 205
    Options
    Only other option I can think of is suffering, I love my steroid injections, I feel like a new woman when I have them, 2 minutes of pain - weeks of pain free, and usually more movement, fantastic. xx
  • roczko
    roczko Member Posts: 92
    Options
    luckybug wrote:
    Only other option I can think of is suffering, I love my steroid injections, I feel like a new woman when I have them, 2 minutes of pain - weeks of pain free, and usually more movement, fantastic. xx

Oh how I agree with that :lol:

I wish they could be given more often.

Patrick
  • plmb48
    plmb48 Member Posts: 125
    Options
    daynas wrote:

I am new to the site.

5mg of prednisalone a day keeps me going 27 years now and methotrexate 15 mg +all the pain killers i can legaly getlol lol :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: