Thank you all so much

lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 23. Dec 2008, 08:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
I would like to thank all of you for your very kind messages of love and support after the posting I put up on the loss of my Mum. It has comforted me so much to know that all my cyber friends are with me at this very sad time.

My Mum had been in hospital for 2 months and she was suffering so much I could hardly bear to see her as she was, her demise at the end was mercifully quick and she would never have been well enough to return home. My Dad, who's 87 on Tuesday, has been Mum's sole carer for the last six years. He's a very proud man and wouldn't allow any of his five children to help out. He would take Mum out 3 times a day in her wheelchair and she had also lost her sight so although Dad did his best, her world was very limited. I'm sure, now, she's in a better place but it has been such a shock for us.

I still can't believe she's died and I just have to face her funeral tomorrow which, at the moment I don't know how I'm going to get through it but I would think everyone who's lost someone very dear must feel like this.

Thank you once again for all your messages.

Luv Legs
Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• jeannie2
    jeannie2 Member Posts: 135
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    If you feel like someone's got hold of your hand ..... it's me.
    Jeannie
  • sarahrockfan
    sarahrockfan Member Posts: 79
    Dear Linda,
    We all hope everything goes as well as it can do tomorrow under the circumstances.
    Take care and cyber hugs
    Sarah x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    I KNOW you'll manage. I will think about you and pray for you and I wont forget, as its the anniversery (7 years) of my beloved brothers sudden death, I know a special strenghth will be given to you. With all my love, and sympathy, Sue. xxxxxxxx
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    I'll be thinking of you and your family tomorrow, take care
    Magenta x
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi, I will be sending all my thoughts and hugs for you tomorrow, you will find the strength to get through it, I know I did for my mum's funeral love Jaspercatxxx
  • lorrayne
    lorrayne Member Posts: 25
    Thinking of you and your family sending love and keeping you all in my prayers.

With love xxx
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    ur in our thoughts too.debs x
  • avalon
    avalon Member Posts: 13
    I will be thinking of you too.

Luv Janetxx
  • Jeannie
    Jeannie Member Posts: 29
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you for tomorrow.

Jeannie2, BobC, and all the moderating team.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    I am sending you love, courage and strength for tomorrow and the days that follow.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Our thoughts will be with you too.

Well done for looking for the positives - they are sometimes hard to find but are usually there if you look hard enough.

love, hugs and prayers,
    Alison
  • fayrose
    fayrose Member Posts: 241
    Thinking of you today Linda.
    Fay xx
  • mmarshall
    mmarshall Member Posts: 69
    Dear Linda

You are in my thoughts and so is your Dad, it must be very hard for him also.
    I was in the same position as you last year when my mum died. My Dad is 80 and we all had to stay strong for him.

Thinking of you

Mary
  • greyheron
    greyheron Member Posts: 167
    Lots of love, Linda - thinking of you.

Wendy
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Linda
    I do hope all went well for you. I'm sure you did your Mum proud.
    The funeral is such a traumatic time, but usually has moments of comfort within it too. I hope that happened for you.
    You are right to think of your Mum and she is not suffering any more.
    I will be thinking of you over Christmas :(
    Love Toni xx