Anyone getting fungal infections with Humira

luckybug
luckybug Member Posts: 205
edited 24. Dec 2008, 15:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have had a fungal infection in my leg and foot since starting taking Humira, I have had a load of antibiotics and my leg infection cleared, my foot is healing, but after taking the full course of antibiotics - a months course, I was told to go back on my Humira injections and since taking it my foot is itching like mad, I'm sure it's the Humira as I have never ever suffered with anything on my feet before, even when I went swimming everyday I never had a varrucca or anything. Since taking it, I have had rashes, blisters fungus growing between my toes and sores all over the bottom of my foot, I have had no other problems with the Humira and was quite happy with it, but now am thinking this is causing me more problems than enough. Just wondering if anyone else has had it?

Comments

• mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi,im not on r/a meds but have had 3 foot infections lately.i think mine r down to trying to keep feet warm thou.just get trimovate cream( steriod cream) prescibed for it & it clears up in a few days.the insides of my toes split open then get infected( green )& very itchy.dont know if that helps.deb
  • susann
    susann Member Posts: 3
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    My Mother in Laws leg sounds just like yours and she is on Humira,maybe it is a side effect