red cross tomorrow

Options
mash65
mash65 Bots Posts: 834
edited 23. Dec 2008, 10:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi,all iv got the red cross coming out tomorrow,to do an assesment of needsd.iv spent since friday spring cleaning with o/h. im knackered.went to bed 3am last night cause my left shoulder is near on frozen & the PAIN been like it since nov.piles of ironing laying around that i cant do.cant do any more cleaning if the queen was coming,the house is clean just got loads of stuff laying around.basically feel its untidy not dirtty.iv made a list of things to tell them about.i.e black mouldy windows, storage heaters that cost us £400 a quarter(that was summer bills)god nows what the winter bills r gonna be.we got in debt paying off the last electric bills.(got no gas)just a great big credit card bill to pay them off .stupid way to do it but had no choice.now at 9pm iv got to go bed try n sleep,take a load of sleeping tablets & try to sleep.get up at 7am.there coming between 9-12.so im not gonna sleep,proberbly open door tomorow with duster in my hands in pjs.

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You are as bad as me!

Try to put yourself first ...... the ironing will wait (mine always does!) the dust doesn't get any thicker after so long (3 years and counting :shock: :wink::wink: ) and your house will be no different to thousands out there.

The difference is that you are dealing with Arthur as well, and many others can't manage even without Arthur, so give yourself a pat on the back for what you HAVE done, and give yourself the praise you deserve.

hope the morning meeting goes ok. They are NOT the queen - and they are coming to HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

hugs for tomorrow xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • eilean1
    eilean1 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Ironing? I just do it as required. Piles of scruffy clothes lying around are depressing so I have lots of old velvet curtains etc. which I drape over the pjamas and stuff , and they miraculously become Eastern lookng pouffes and footstools. By the way you can buy nice odd material bits on eBay.

One minor thing I am worrying about is becoming an irritable old bat. My grown-up family are used to a carefree atmosphere when they come visiting and now I tell the grandchildren to sit quietly with a book and leave the television off until Granny is in the mood.
    This is a new concept!
    Eilean
  • jeannie2
    jeannie2 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Oh, how I can relate to the ironing ... mine's got moths in it! And the dust ... well, long agoo I put a note on the fridge and then did an A4 notice: 'You can touch the dust - but please don't write in it'. Just think - and inch of dust takes the same amount of time to clean as half-an inch!
    They're right you know ... these folk are coming to HELP. Perhaps they should see what a pickle you are in and then they will truly understand. I know how hard it is to let standards drop, but you must preserve your health.
    Good luck with the meeting. Let's know how you got on.
    Jeannie
    Oh! and I AM a grumpy old bat - so I don't have many visitors to dust for! :roll:
  • mash65
    Options
    its the arthr that makes me grumpy the slightest thing sets me off.9am i got phone call to say there not coming cause the ladies off sick :roll: :roll: but will hopefully be here tomorrow.got up at 7 so im gonna have a cuppa & rest up for a bit.early 1 tomorrow,thought i may get layin before xmas,dont look like it now.ironing is a militery operation in our house :lol: o/h puts it on bed for me, i iron he puts it away.but i only ever do what really needs ironing.no quilt covers, no towels,mainly tops thats about it.thanx for the replies,will let u know how i got on.debsx
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, luckily my cleaner irons polo shirts, pillow cases, tea towels etc, and he's really quite good, I pay a private company to supply him but he cleans the house very well. I can't manage my cleaning and so looked for help, but I am call myself Mrs Victor Meldew, I even moaned yesterday when my shopping turned up half hour early, we had just sat down to lunch as well.

Never mind, it can only get better love Jaspercatxxx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Sometimes I have to wash things again because they have got dirty waiting to be ironed! My husband will do anything execpt ironing - he says he would only iron the front of his shirts as thats all that shows :)
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    woodbon I've got a hubby like that too!!!!!! :roll: :lol:

He will do anything rather than iron ......... and that includes cleaning the bathroom, walking the dog, weeding the garden ... you name it he'd rather do it than battle with the 'ferocious beast' that is my steam generator!

I have just ironed for the first time in weeks, and am thrilled by the pile I have done but at the same time daunted by that which still awaits! - maybe I will find some lovely drapes .... like that idea!

Mash - hope the visit goes ok tomorrow - what a let-down after all that anticipation!
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I know just how you feel Wonky. :roll: :) But, seriously Mash, don't worry, you'll make yourself ill, and give the blooming woman a false impression of how you're coping, I know its hard, but she needs to see the reality. :roll: :wink:
  • mash65
    Options
    hi all,well she's been.good news is 2nd bannister rail on stairs to be fitted asap & a shower rail.bad news cant put bath rails or loo rails in cause of plaster board walls.health & safety issue.did offer me a walk in shower but would have to have bath removed & i do manage a soak to sooth muscles & dont want to give up bath until i really have to.will just manage with o/h pulling me about for a bit longer.& a shower is really hard as i cant put hands above my head either.bath lift was considered then she said i have no storage room,so basically the house is to small,& made of plaster board.if i keep going down hill the rate i have done in past 8months may have to consider moving which wont please the family much.she said i can ring them at any time to get the shower installed,with a shower chair.damn arthr making us give up all the things we love ah!!!!thanx for all ur replies.just thought id update u.happy xmas all.debs