Has anyone developed antibodies to infliximaub,

orchidlady1
orchidlady1 Member Posts: 9
edited 23. Dec 2008, 14:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, has anyone developed antibodies to infliximaub? If so, what did they do for your treatment plan? I am on cellcept with it, as I can not take methotrexate. Many thanks, Rose

Comments

• purplecats
    purplecats Member Posts: 15
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hiya, I was off infliximab for about 2 yrs, went back on it and had reaction to it. They said I had developed anti bodies to it so they stopped the treatment and I have just started on Rituximab. Has this happened to you??
    Hi, has anyone developed antibodies to infliximaub? If so, what did they do for your treatment plan? I am on cellcept with it, as I can not take methotrexate. Many thanks, Rose
  • orchidlady1
    orchidlady1 Member Posts: 9
    purplecats wrote:
    Hiya, I was off infliximab for about 2 yrs, went back on it and had reaction to it. They said I had developed anti bodies to it so they stopped the treatment and I have just started on Rituximab. Has this happened to you??

Hi, thanks for your post, my experience is that it is not working on my joints, even though I have been on high steroids for several weeks trying to treat an inflammatory eye condition. In 6 weeks they will decide what to do, so at the moment I am just worrying. I have already taken enbrel, which caused the eye problem, and also humira, which was great. They took me off that to try and treat both eye and joints with the same medicine.

Do you have to take anything else with the Rituximaub? Many thanks,
    Rose
  • purplecats
    purplecats Member Posts: 15
    hiya, i was on Humira as well but it didn't work for me, :) I have to take methotrexate as it works better with it, but I have read that you can't take methotrexate so maybe they will prescribe something else if they decided to put you on it. When do you find out what they are going to do with you? i always think thats the worst bit when they take it out of your hands and you're left waiting for a decision.
    I find the best thing is to do loads of research on the different meds and talk to the consultant next time you see them.

:)