Fibromalgia? (cant spell)

Options
deborahsonia
deborahsonia Member Posts: 17
edited 7. Jan 2009, 17:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone, cant sleep. my feet are killing me. not with the normal arthur pains, but it feels like hot needles in both my feet constantly, I also have developed soft bunion looking things at the side of both my feet, which burn constantly, I keep going downstairs to put a cool pack on my feet, any advice?
Debs :P

Comments

• mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi Debs ,
    it is a very hard word, hazel and I go on the Fibromayglia web site , i am on my laptop and dont have the address, for some reason it does not work here, it has good information all about Fibromayglia ( not sure spelled this right) hazels feet are painful but she thinks it is the oa playing up in them. hopeyours settle down soon.

merry xmas

Mike R &Hazel :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I've got bunions (yuk!) and I have to be really, really, careful about shoes or slippers. Even the most practical looking ones can have a seam across the side or be just a fraction too tight and then I just can't wear them at all. With me its just trial and error, getting to know the makes and designs that work. Sometimes, nothing makes much difference. This probably dosn't help you does it? But for me, no side seams or decorations across the top! :mrgreen:
  • suepollard
    suepollard Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi Deb, my husband has Fibromalgia, he has had it for approx 4 years now and has OA too. He feels like he has pins and needles all over his body sometimes but mainly in his hands and feet,wrists. He has it all the time and the worse time he has it is when its cold and damp, although when we have gone abroad I asked him mid week how is fibro was, he said that he hadnt noticed it. 24 hours after returning to the UK it hit him like a shot. Winter months are worse for him so he has a long soak in the bath which eases it. hes also due for a hip replacement anytime aswell, and to top it all, I myself have just been diagnosed with OA, and further tests are on going to see if I have RA aswell, we are both in a right ol state but have good spirits, not always easy though. we are going to our first meeting with the Arthritis care based near to where we live next week and im nervous to be honest, what a wuss!
    there is a website if you type in Fibromalgia which is very good, and its worth knowing that you can claim Disability Living Allowance too.
    take care
    sue
    xx :D
  • jeanmoey
    jeanmoey Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Deb, I have Fibro now along with RA for the past 4+ years. I have to hang my feet out of bed at night to get them cooled down. I go from extremes of very cold to very hot and burning. I am trying to do basic exercises and hope that this year will be easier. Hope you get some ease soon. Take care.