folic acid

Options
kezzo1
kezzo1 Member Posts: 171
edited 21. Jan 2009, 17:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
do u have to get ur folic acid over the counter on prescription or can u buy it at the shops so much cheaper, as long as u get the correct amount/ dose i cant see this being a prob?? :lol:

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Kezzo,

My folic acid is prescribed from the GP. I'm fortunate 'cos my prescriptions are free so I've never considered the cost. How do you know if you're getting the correct dose if you buy them over the counter? :?

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • plmb48
    plmb48 Member Posts: 125
    Options
    kezzo1 wrote:
    do u have to get ur folic acid over the counter on prescription or can u buy it at the shops so much cheaper, as long as u get the correct amount/ dose i cant see this being a prob?? :lol:
    my folic acid is from dr i take 5mg daily talk to your pharmasist
    pauline :):):)
  • michelle22
    michelle22 Member Posts: 93
    Options
    the folic acid that you get over the counter isn't strong enough for you to take if you pay for you scrips ask you doc to prescribe as much as he can to reduce the cost to yourself as you won't have to get the refil as often

Michelle
  • ktl297
    ktl297 Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Hi,
    I checked this out with the Pharmacist a while ago. You would have to take 12 of the over the counter tablest to get the strength of the prescribed ones which you need so it would cost lots... I have a prescription pre-payment certificate that costs about £12 a month so ideal if you get 2 prescriptions a month.
    KT
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Hi all
    I notice that some people are told take folic acid 7 days a week
    I was told Not the day before or the day after Methorexate
    Colin