Well had my second Rheumy appointment.......

Options
parky2
parky2 Member Posts: 52
edited 21. Jan 2009, 12:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well as it says I had my second appointment yesterday and I will be starting on Methotrexate and Plaquenil.

Hard decisions had to be made with regards to when we wanted to start a family and now we have made them I am trying very hard not to dwell on it and accept that for the meantime this is how things will have to be.

Am totally confused about all these tablets and to be honest not really sure what I will be taking, and when I will be taking them! Got to wait on my blood results and then my GP will contact me to give me scripts, etc. Hoping he will be able to make things a bit clearer.

On a better note I got a steroid injection yesterday which they said should hopefully give me a bit of ease...............so far all it has managed to do is give me an incredibly sore hip/leg! lol

Still off work............got a call from my manager yesterday to arrange a meeting to 'discuss the findings of the OHS report' So going to see her next tuesday. Really not looking forward to it. My sickline goes to the end of the month and when I was last with my GP he told me just to phone to get another one. I know she is going to try to pressurise me into giving her a date when I am coming back...............Im not really in a position to do that.

Anyway apologies for the really long post! I know lots of you have experiences with these meds.............to be honest I am a bit traumatised to read some of the possible side effects but suppose I will just have to get on with it!

Hope you are all well

L xoxoxox

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Parky,

First of all try not to worry too much about the side effects of your drugs - your rheumy/GP will be keeping a close eye on you and you will have regular blood tests to monitor you. They have to list every side effect known to man and beast on these leaflets but it doesn't mean you're going to suffer from them :wink: You'll be fine once your GP has sorted you out and if you're unsure about the doseage instructions just ring your surgery or a pharamacy and they will advise - your meds will soon become second nature to you.

.........and please don't succumb to the pressure from your manager for a date to go back to work - your health must come first :D

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'