Them bones, them bones......

Options
jackie1955
jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
edited 22. Jan 2009, 15:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well, I realise now that all the symptons that have been coming on for months and months were all leading up to this arthur business, and really the last 3-4 weeks I feel like there is some 'alien' thing creeping around in my bones (I suppose there is :shock: ).

Every night now I go to bed with some joints aching, then when I wake next morning lo and behold some other joints have decided to stiffen up, swell and ache............ :(

After my initial panic and overwhelming worrying about the worst possible scenarios, I have calmed down a lot - largely due to all you lovely folk who post on here. Because basically the message you send out is you all make the best of it; yes, you have some days better than others, you have down days, you suffer pain, you have to put up with associated problems, but by gum the overiding message is your all doing your best to get on with it :!:

Just a big thank-you to all of you for the great advice, warm welcome, and support :)

Jackie

Comments

• hazelm
    hazelm Member Posts: 25
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jackie, welcome to the family, this is a great site with lovely people who have helped us all, better than the medicines we all take,and I speak personally, I have RA and Fibro,so know about pain,but, on bad days this forum is a god send, and usually I leave my comp. feeling a lot better than when I went on it. :):):)
    hugs xx
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    jackie1955 wrote:
    sorry to hear you are in a flare. I was un well all through christmas had to go to bed most of holiday. I notice when the kids are off I go in a flare its very ann 8) :P :):|:cry: oying. I just have to put up with it. im not too bad. The steroid has helped and i can lift my arms now and get about which i am greatful for but it sure spoiled my christmas. I hope you are getting some help and getting plenty of rest to fend off arther and think to the spring its not long away we will all feel a bit better then. heres to good times keep positive best wishes from joanne price
    Joanne
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Hi Jackie i dont know about all types of arthritis but with RA the pain travels. not just up and down but left to right. One day being in your left elbbow next day in your right. I think its just to let you know whos boss. Its when you get a flair and they all join in. If you listen in the dead of night you can hear your left knee saying to right knee hey give us come of that pain come on now share it out. Then the shoulder joins in greedy pair of knees give me some of that, the ankle shots hey guys what about me lol. Glad your feeling a little better or should i say brighter. I had to go to a funeral today and must have to long on my feet i think its the begining of a flair. i get it from head to foot when it kicks of. guess it will be another sleepless night, hey ho what can you do. just when you think you have had enough it says no i was only playing come and get some of this real pain LOl. I think its the devil got into me and paying for my sins, no really bad ones though. Anyway Jackiie glad your feeling better take care
    Colin
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, your a great bunch :)

(Colin, its nice to see you can keep your sense of humour throughout it all too!)
  • pluggathome
    pluggathome Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Jackie

Yes, the gremlins certainly have their own agenda and have a meeting generally about 1am about what havoc they are going to wreak the next day and follow the meeting with a good ole knees up resulting in no kip! :x

I'm off the see the rheumy on monday and i'm convinved he's going to think i'm making up what my 'gremlins' have been up to these past three weeks!

It's even better when you can see someone looking at you day to day and trying to figure out why one bit hurts one day and not the next and then back again the day after!

Hoping for good days to come for all!(well it costs nowt to hope :lol: )

pluggxxx