Happy about losing weight

Options
jaspercat
jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
edited 24. Jan 2009, 14:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I am really happy today, I have been losing alot of weight recently, about 6-7 stone now, this probably is a female thing but I have bought my first ever pair of jeans today, I am 50 and I have never had jeans before! So have treated myself and paid £32.00, they are so pretty with flowers down the leg, I have promised my hubbie that I won't go too mad, I am so excited love Jaspercatxxx

Comments

• magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hiya,
    That's great :) You've done really well. I want to try and shift a stone but 6/7? That's fantastic. You deserve to treat yourself :)
    Magenta x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss, as long as you are not losing too much weight :lol:

Oh my goodness, jaspercat! Never worn jeans! I wear them all the time - would not ever be without them. :lol::lol::lol: I am sure you will get addicted and buy more pairs to add to your wardrobe :D:D They are so versatile!

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • greyheron
    greyheron Member Posts: 167
    Options
    jaspercat wrote:
    Hi, I am really happy today, I have been losing alot of weight recently, about 6-7 stone now, this probably is a female thing but I have bought my first ever pair of jeans today, I am 50 and I have never had jeans before! So have treated myself and paid £32.00, they are so pretty with flowers down the leg, I have promised my hubbie that I won't go too mad, I am so excited love Jaspercatxxx

Many congratulations!

I've struggled with weight all my life, it's made the OA in my knees worse. Now that I've had a TKR I'm desperate to shift a few stones to get the best from it and protect my other knee so ...

HOW DID YOU DO IT?

Would be grateful for any tips!

Lots of luck

Wendy
  • mmarshall
    mmarshall Member Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat.
    Well done to you for losing the weight.
    It can be really hard trying to lose weight when you have Arthur as you are not very mobile, so well done again.
    Mary
  • luckybug
    luckybug Member Posts: 205
    Options
    Come on Jaspercat share your secret, how did you do it? I wish I could lose weight, but it's boredom with me, I eat cos there is nowt else to do. :cry:
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Well done you!! Please share any tips and diet secrets!!
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    well done, thought you sounded slimmer, hee hee.........bet hubbie will be giving you some chocy cake as worried about all this clothes spending.
    (Trying to be good myself but bad time at work so resorted to stuffing myself!!) x
  • jaspercat
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the responses, I can't tell you anything magical, my hubbie was really ill in ITU last July, he was in a coma for 8 days, I spent all day with him and returned home too exhausted to eat much, my stomach got used to it and I don't want alot to eat now, I have the occasional treat like a scone or eccles cake but other than that I don't eat much. I don't notice much improvement in my joints though, for which I am disappointed, for all those still trying keep it up you never know love Jaspercatxx
  • greyheron
    greyheron Member Posts: 167
    Options
    jaspercat wrote:
    Hi, thanks for the responses, I can't tell you anything magical, my hubbie was really ill in ITU last July, he was in a coma for 8 days, I spent all day with him and returned home too exhausted to eat much, my stomach got used to it and I don't want alot to eat now, I have the occasional treat like a scone or eccles cake but other than that I don't eat much. I don't notice much improvement in my joints though, for which I am disappointed, for all those still trying keep it up you never know love Jaspercatxx

Thanks, Jaspercat - I'm sorry you had such a horrid reason for losing weight, that must have been a very difficult time for you. Hope he's OK now.

Take care and enjoy the smaller you !

Wendy
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    well done you sory it was under the bad cicumstances hope every think is ok now , xx x may
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • jaspercat
    Options
    Hi, Malcolm very much better now thanks, it was all down to the casualty dept who did not put him into the recovery position after a seizure, he devoloped Pnemonia after fluid got into his lungs loe Jaspercatxxx
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi jaspercat how r u doing I am glad about your losing weight and wearing jeans I myst try to lose some weight also and bestish of regards to Malcolm
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    WOW Jaspercat!
    That is some weight loss!!! Well done YOU!!!
    My Mum lost 4 1/2 stone once and I was well-impressed, but you are amazing!
    Enjoy your jeans - they are lovely and comfy aren't they?! I love mine too!
    Toni x