rituxamab

Options
shazza
shazza Member Posts: 13
edited 3. Jun 2009, 18:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi everyone,
not been on this site for ages i moved house and then been having really bad flares,
i was just wondering if anyone as been on rituxamab my rhuemy nurse mentioned it the last time i had an infusion of infliximab apparently this is not working as well as it should, ive also been on etanercept and if they decide to change it, this will be the third anti tnf. She said that this one works differently to the other tnf's because the other two depleted the T cells and this one depletes the B cells.
just wondered if anybody been on it or still on it and how well its worked for them and the side effects they might have had.
thanks sharon

Comments

• bex4cats
    bex4cats Member Posts: 3
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    shazza wrote:
    hi everyone,
    not been on this site for ages i moved house and then been having really bad flares,
    i was just wondering if anyone as been on rituxamab my rhuemy nurse mentioned it the last time i had an infusion of infliximab apparently this is not working as well as it should, ive also been on etanercept and if they decide to change it, this will be the third anti tnf. She said that this one works differently to the other tnf's because the other two depleted the T cells and this one depletes the B cells.
    just wondered if anybody been on it or still on it and how well its worked for them and the side effects they might have had.
    thanks sharon
    :?
    hi shazza ! i am on rituximab it seems its the only one that brought my inflamation marks down ! and first time i felt some relief from pain . I also have been on the other T cells but they did nothing .iIf you need to ask anything send me some post . :D
  • dianaw
    dianaw Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi
    Hi am at present having my 2nd lot of infusion as you have them two weeks apart. I had all the other meds like you and they did not work and I was getting really down. Had first one last July and after about 6 weeks felt lot better. Was not good again at Christmas so Rheumy said I was to have another infusion, minimum time is 6 months so I have had to wait for the six months to arrive. Feel this is working so much better than all others I have tried so hope it works for you, I know how down I got with all meds you have to take but hopefully this will work for you.
    Take care :x
  • manikyam
    manikyam Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Have gone through different posts in the forum and have seen delighted people with many of their queries resolved. Hoping the same with me.

My mom (46years) is suffereing from RA (with RF negative) from past 2 years and she is on Prednisolone (2mg per day now) and hydroxychloroquine(DMARD). She is feeling better now with more good days than bad days. Our Rheumy yesterday referred to Rituximab and he want to start with it. I was surfing abt Rituximab and got to know that it should be used only if any of anti-TNF drugs like enbre etc fails to work. But my mom never have been on this drugs.
    My questions here are:
    Is it ok to jump to Rituximab without using TNF inhibitors (enbrel). Are there any one who are put in to rituximab without prior use of anti-TNF’s

Thanks for your patience and time.
    Hoping for the best.