My operation got cancelled

Options
sueandted
sueandted Member Posts: 40
edited 23. Jan 2009, 12:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
Got up at 5.30 , showered in my bug killing gel , said my goodbyes to my tearfull daughters , got to the ward to be told it had been cancelled because my surgeon has a throat infection :( , she will hopefully do it next week if better so then I will have to go through it all again :!:

Comments

• jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    sueandted wrote:
    Got up at 5.30 , showered in my bug killing gel , said my goodbyes to my tearfull daughters , got to the ward to be told it had been cancelled because my surgeon has a throat infection :( , she will hopefully do it next week if better so then I will have to go through it all again :!:

Hi, I am not sure what I can say, I am really sorry, what an awful thing to say, hope you get another date soon love Jaspercatxx
  • jeanniep
    jeanniep Member Posts: 42
    Options
    sueandted wrote:

Oh how demoralising for you. Just look at it as a dry run - now you know you can cope with all that tension and nerves, and next time you'll be an old sweat!
    Keep smiling :)
    Jean
  • colcath
    colcath Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi know how you are feeling I had my back op cancelled five times twice while in hospital,and one of the times Iwas in my gown and ready to go for the op within the hour.Then cancelled due to no bed in high dependency unit,it was a horrable time.In the end the neuro decided not to do the op because of the danger and health issues,so I went through all that for nothing and have to live with my dissabiltys.On the other hand I look at it was something telling me that the op was not for me. :)
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Sue,

So sorry to hear this, my knee replacements were cancelled because of a gnat bite on my leg which had blistered - I dissolved into tears - so I know just how you feel :cry:

Fingers crossed that it goes ahead next week and hope it all goes well :D

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    That must have been awful for you. No one likes ops and we gear ourselves and close family up for them, make arrangements etc.

Under the circumstances, it is best that you did not have the op with a surgeon, feeling not A1, who could well have passed the germs on to you, which is the last thing you need after an op. At least it shows that she is human and gets bugs like the rest of us.

Hopefully by next week, she will have recovered, be all the better for a rest and your op goes ahead .

Wishing you all the best for your recovery,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi I am sorry to hear that your op was cancelled, it must have been upsetting for you.But it is better than risking you getting an infection. I hope that everything goes well next week.
  • greyheron
    greyheron Member Posts: 167
    Options
    Just wanted to add my commiserations and best wishes to everyone else's posts, hope you get a new date soon and that all goes well. Keep us posted!

Wendy