Computerised appointment letters - useless!!

Options
Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 23. Jan 2009, 07:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI all,

had a laugh today when I got my post. Computerised Letter from the local hospital telling me they were sorry to have to cancel my appointment and rearrange it for a new date.

Sadly some things they forgot to make clear:

1) Which appointment they were cancelling
(apparently we can't possibly need to see two different people from the same specialty - er .... rheumatology TEAM ring any bells here?) :roll:

2) The name of the person I was seeing was not one I had ever heard before - had my consultant retired :? been replaced :? been abducted by aliens :lol:

3) I usually see someone who is referred to as 'Doctor____' but this said 'Mr_____' - do I need an op and no-one told me? :shock: :? :cry: :roll:

anyway, rang the appointment centre, who were very helpful. Strange though, turned out that it wasn't even the consultant's appointment that they were cancelling, but the one for the Rheumy Nurse :shock: :roll:

At least I know now - but even the appointment centre couldn't tell me why the name on the letter was there - the best they could come up with was that it was a 'catch-all' general title and that there may not even be a Mr UM in Rheumatology!!!!!!

bring back the pen and paper!!!!!!! argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• lindah
    lindah Member Posts: 445
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Have you noticed when things go wrong the poor computer gets the blame.Who programmes them - PEOPLE
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    heya
    There is a saying in the computer world Garrbidge in Garrbidge Out. :roll: :) . Sue xxx
  • roczko
    roczko Member Posts: 92
    Options
    Funny I have an appointment with Mr Um at Beverley when it should be for the rhuemy nurse....

I must ring and sort it but don't rate my chances going on your story!

All the best.

Patrick
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, what I find annoying is: they say please bring this letter with you to the hospital, at the hospital they don't look at it and just throw it straight in the bin, also we have a system at our hospital where they ring you 3 weeks before the appt to check that you got the letter in the first place, grr!!! love Jaspercatxx