knees or is it

Options
bertyboy
bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
edited 23. Jan 2009, 19:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
hI had my first appointment yesterday not sure on total out come lots made sence but still not sure ,knees were pushed and shuved , sent for exray on my pelvis , coment on that doesent look too bad ,no exrays on knees , had injections in both ,that was painful enough after having them pummeled about , kept asking me where the pain wasin my knees , seemed lost when i said my hole knees , was one worse than the other ,are your knees any more persific for you with area of pain , , dont feel any different today , go back in 4 weeks , then might get mri scan ,at least i am on the way with treatment now ,, thangs for all support {{{{may}}
I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx

Comments

• magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi May,
    I agree, it's good you're now getting treatment-you're in the system now so hopefully you'll be well looked after :wink: It's good also that you've to go back in 4wks time. Try and remember the kind of questions they asked and start writing things down i.e. where pain is when you actually have it. It's funny, I tell other people to write things down but I never do it myself :lol:
    Take care,
    Magenta x
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Great that you've had your first appointment, will soon have mine! Bit dubious about it, but this thing ain't gonna go away by itself is it so if I've got to have some treatment better I start sooner rather than later.

(Still don't like the thought of all those drugs though :( )
  • scottie
    scottie Member Posts: 16
    Options
    bertyboy wrote:
    hI had my first appointment yesterday not sure on total out come lots made sence but still not sure ,knees were pushed and shuved , sent for exray on my pelvis , coment on that doesent look too bad ,no exrays on knees , had injections in both ,that was painful enough after having them pummeled about , kept asking me where the pain wasin my knees , seemed lost when i said my hole knees , was one worse than the other ,are your knees any more persific for you with area of pain , , dont feel any different today , go back in 4 weeks , then might get mri scan ,at least i am on the way with treatment now ,, thangs for all support {{{{may}}

Good that your in the system. Had my knees and elbows injected 3 weeks ago and its taken this long to see a difference. But Im almost pain free now!! So there is hope for you !!!Yes they are very vague and dont seem to tell you anything but i dont think they know really. Its wait and see what develops and hope hat it goes away in the meantime. Hope your knees get better soon. Liz x
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    bertyboy wrote:

Hi bertyboy glad it went well for you, some times it takes 2 or 3 days for the steroid to work and you will feel much better
    Take care
    Colin