FULL BODY SCAN

Options
daimler
daimler Member Posts: 68
edited 23. Jan 2009, 15:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi peeps, haven't posted on here for a while, my rheumy has ordered me to have a full body scan, has anyone else had one?, i was too frightened to ask what he is looking for, i have RA& OA, it looks like i have symptons of lupus too :cry: jacqxx

Comments

• colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    daimler wrote:
    Hi peeps, haven't posted on here for a while, my rheumy has ordered me to have a full body scan, has anyone else had one?, i was too frightened to ask what he is looking for, i have RA& OA, it looks like i have symptons of lupus too :cry: jacqxx

Hi Daimler I've had them all, its so they can rule out any other factors that are contributing to your illness. The scan itself is ok no problems it takes 15 to 20 mins the only problem is laying still LOL
    I found it quite relaxing and thought it only took about 10 minutes.
    I have RA and PA but get pain in my muscles and my bones not just joints so i got the scan because of bone and muscle pain just to make sure no other problems. and there whern't just old Arthur ritis
    letting me know who was boss. Take care and see it as a positive step towards your treatment. I always think that when Rheumys take the time to send you for these tests they are good at the job.
    Cheers
    Colin
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Jacq, I have had a full body scan, at my hospital it took about an hour, I had to have an injection of dye about 4 hours earlier, I had to lie perfectly still which upset my joints, I was allowed to move every now and again when the machine stopped for a second or two, but it dosen't hurt and is not unpleasent, you will be fine love Jaspercatxx
  • mouseymousey
    mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Perhaps I am strange...but I found it quite relaxing, you can listen to music on your headphones.