Inflammed eye

Options
noeltone
noeltone Member Posts: 878
edited 25. Jan 2009, 17:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have had a really bad infalmmed left eye again and it itches like crazy got some dry eyes eye drops from my GP it usually clears it up quite quickly but not yet anyoine else get this

Comments

• mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    noeltone wrote:
    I have had a really bad infalmmed left eye again and it itches like crazy got some dry eyes eye drops from my GP it usually clears it up quite quickly but not yet anyoine else get this
    hi,i suffer with itchy eyes.i get styes mainly when im really run down.my eyes seem dry all the time i put that down to my meds.
    arthr gets u anyway it can. :) debs
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    My nurses put up my dose and i got conjuctivitus. they lowered dose then tried uping it again once infection was clear then i got it two more times they told me it was a less common side effect of metoraxate then my eye symtoms changed they diagnosed permanant dry eyes this they said is linked to ra. and they said my body could not tolerate the high doses,they dropped dose i also had other infections at same time as this itching all over athletes foot open sores on hand and head so they had to do a liver function test and i had no meds only nsaids for a month then i went out of flare and they left me on 10ml which i was safe with than after a month went into flare and so they gave me a steroid. I could not lift arms you see then they have given me 12m of methoraxate and they hope to top me up in future with sulfalzine. I hope you do not have any thing like that happen to you. from joanne price
    Joanne
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    My eyes tend to be like it when I wake up and then tend to stay like it for a few days or it might clear up quicker (depending on how run down I am) during the day they feel itchy as though something in them I tink it is conjunctivitis ive always had sensitive eyes to the light etc all part and parcel of inflamm arthur my Gp says I am currently taking hypromellose eye drops 0.3% one drop when required they usually lift it after a while old pink eye atm
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    yes, does sound like conjunctivitis........drops should do the trick...remember dont shut your eyes!
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    hope your eyes clear up soon for you - not great fun putting drops in is it? we have a gadget that helps a bit, but I hate eye drops :(

take care,
    WL xxxxxxx