update on dla appeal

Options
mash65
mash65 Bots Posts: 834
edited 24. Jan 2009, 14:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi,i had my tribunal for dla.got there clerk asked for original copies of reports from accident 25yrs ago,so handed them over.then went in,they told me the dla copies sent to them were unreadable,also photos id sent in were unreckonisable.had to explain they were where patches where on my back,to show i cant put them on myself.
then they said i had loads of medical evidence but nothing on care & needs so they adjorned appeal for 6wks & r sending out a dr from emp to the house for a full report.
i did say is that not what dla should have done in the 1st place before it goes to appeal.he looked & said yes really.
so my ? is has this happened to any1 else?
is this in my favour that their being thorough?
they said they were dealing with my paperwork i.e evidence supplied as i left,just need the report from the dr.any advise would put my mind at rest.thanx debsx

Comments

• colcath
    colcath Member Posts: 6
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi I have been on one appeal for dla so Iknow how stressfull it can be.Donot give up they make it as hard as possable, on my appeal I was awarded low rate care I was not happy but by then I had had enough so I left it against the advice of cab.Twelve months later I applied again filled the forms in they are a night mare, this time I got awarded full dla, it still was not easy having a doctor comming to your house to asses you but at least this time it did not go to appeal,but in 2012 will have to go through the whole prosses again but don't let them grind you down. when you fill them in put down what it is like on your worst day and tell them all the things you cannot do without help like bathing and getting dressed even things when you go out.If you want advice on filling the forms in get in touch with citizens advice they can be very helpfull and they can tell you how to word things :D
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi thanx for that. i have got 2nd dla claim in already.i was advise to put in new claim whilst waiting for appeal date.
    its all a waiting game.i wont give in. thanx again debsx