Just a quick Hi and thank you.

Options
skezier
skezier Member Posts: 11,333
edited 26. Jan 2009, 14:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone,

I'm new having only just found this site. I have OA every where prity much and possibly RA only in one joint. I still work and I do heavy lifting and am self employed. Im 50 now and got my start of OA at 16. That was following an injury, infact all of mine is basicly following a injury! Hey I never thought about that before!

I am female, I live alone now having lost my first partner and the second couldn't cope when I became ill. I have '1 or 2' animals and am maybe a bit of a drop out/hippie!

I am so greatful to the email helpline team as when I emailed, and still now to a degree, I was very up-set and scared.

Any way It's nice to meet you all, Take care Cris

Comments

• jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Chris, I started with my OA in my left knee at 16 with an injury playing netball, now I have also developed RA, so I am unable to work at all, I am 50 too, also a female and owned by a big tabby cat, very nice to meet you love Jaspercatxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Hi Cris
    and welcome to the forum.
    You will find lots of us in a similar position to yourself one way or another so you never need to feel alone :)
    Sorry you have arthritis like us lot here, but there is lots of help support and advice to be had on this site.
    Take care
    toni x
  • skezier
    Options
    HI Jasper cat and Toni, thank you both so much for making me feel welcome. I have been very down of late ( I think it's lack of sun eh?!) Toni I have to say I have found a lot of very usefull stuff on this site, but most of all I found I wasn't invisabel!

I got a big tabby as well Jasper cat, and he has a few friends of feline and other presuation!

Thankyou again for making me welcome. Take care. Cris
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Cris & welcome to the club!

sorry you feel invisible at times - we all know the feeling, believe me!

It must be hard trying to cope on your own, but you will never be alone if you pop on here - there is usually someone about whatever the time of day (or night :wink: )

take care,
    wonkylegs
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hello Cris,
    Welcome to the site.
    Magenta x
  • skezier
    Options
    :) Wonkeylegs and Magenta, thank you both for making me feel welcome. x
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new having only just found this site. I have OA every where prity much and possibly RA only in one joint. I still work and I do heavy lifting and am self employed. Im 50 now and got my start of OA at 16. That was following an injury, infact all of mine is basicly following a injury! Hey I never thought about that before!

I am female, I live alone now having lost my first partner and the second couldn't cope when I became ill. I have '1 or 2' animals and am maybe a bit of a drop out/hippie!

I am so greatful to the email helpline team as when I emailed, and still now to a degree, I was very up-set and scared.

Any way It's nice to meet you all, Take care Cris

Hi Cris, sorry to hear your so down and feeling so alone. souds like you have had a bad time so i will start with a little hug if thats ok. You have found a great site with lots of great people who you can talk to. I know its difficult for you Cris but try not to be so scared. Take care and keep your chin up
    Colin
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Cris, sorry to hear your so down and feeling so alone. souds like you have had a bad time so i will start with a little hug if thats ok. You have found a great site with lots of great people who you can talk to. I know its difficult for you Cris but try not to be so scared. Take care and keep your chin up
    Colin[/quote]

Thanks for the hug Colin, I'm ok really. I got some info from the email help line and now I understand it I have read up on it and it's lost some of its control over me! I have been alone too long possibly and a bit of kindness has made a huge difference!

My thanks to you. :P
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    Options
    Hi cris welcome to the site you will find lots of people to help you on here so you will never feel alone take care sue x