blue badge update

Options
mash65
mash65 Bots Posts: 834
edited 25. Jan 2009, 16:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi all,well it came this morning & im so pleased that im finally getting somewhere with my battle to try & make my life a bit easier.
i finally plucked up the courage(& admit to myself things arent getting any easier)to apply for my badge.my forms were sent to me the nx day,filled them in.got appointment with gp.i also wrote a note for gp on the problems i was having,i.e care needs & mobility problems.
he looked over notes asked if he could scan them to my records.which i agreed to. he said he would send off the form.
bingo, less than 2 wks & iv got my badge. :D now i wont have to stay in so much,worry about crossing roads to get to gps,chemist.
i may now start to get a bit of independance back in my life.some thing that iv lost over the last yr.
still got battles going on,but now iv won 1 iv got the confidence to carry on.a message to all DONT GIVE UP,its so easy to give up i know iv done it.not anymore.
sorry its a long post, just wanted to share some good news for a change.debsx :D

Comments

• mandy_b1967
    mandy_b1967 Bots Posts: 115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well done.

good luck with future battles at least you are now stronger to cope with them
    Mandy :D
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Well done Debs :wink:
    Magenta x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Hi Debs
    I am well-pleased for you!
    I hope you do get some of your independance back :) After all that's what they're for :)
    Bet you'll get out loads more now!
    Thanks for the good news
    Toni x
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Good for you Debs :)

My husband has mobility problems and having a blue badge has been absolutely invaluable to him. A word of caution - do make sure you display the badge correctly i.e. the right way up, and always set the time of your arrival.

Be careful when parking on certain car parks too, always check whether or not Disabled Drivers have to pay (you still have to on some). And sometimes its only 'free' if you are in a designated disabled Bay with your badge displayed.

Happy motoring :)
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hiya, This is great news! I hope you enjoy being out and about again, just take care and watch out for the speed camaras :shock: :) Love Sue. xxxx
  • mash65
    Options
    thanks for all ur replies.it ur support thats given me the get up & go for it.
    its gonna take some time to get used to what id call illegal parking i.e double yellow lines,but im sure i'll cope. i dont drive much,but it will be such a great help now.
    just to be able to park at the gp surgery,out side the chemist & at the hospital,so i dont have to be exhausted when i get there.
    thanks again guys.debsx
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Well done. I know how hard it is admitting you have problems. I got my full diagnosis Monday and am struggling to talk to anyone about it. The Doctor advised me to apply for DLA but it's frightening thinking about having to meet with people and talk about it when I'm struggling to accept it.
  • mash65
    Options
    hi eckstardeluxe,i know exactly how u feel.its took me nearly a yr to come to terms with arthr. & i dont think im really there yet,but im fighting for dla,new claim in & 1 at appeal.
    feel feel to pm me if u want,i now how hard it is to except this.
    debs