im confused can you help?

Options
purvesrosie
purvesrosie Member Posts: 59
edited 26. Jan 2009, 13:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,
I'm getting terrible pain in my muscles at night and morning i can't breath in properly as it hurts as if ive strained them coughing or something, just i havent had a cough. my legs and shoulders also ache. Is this due to arthur? i have RA.
Also while im on. I've been put on sulfasalazine after my body didn't like methatrexate or leflunomide. The rheumy said if this doesn't work or i'm allergic, he will consider putting me on biologics does anyone know what this group of drugs are? I should of asked but as usual i nodded and said ok. oops.
Thanks in advance
Rosie x

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello,
    Sorry you are in so much pain and not knowing why must make it worse, it you're anything like me you start worrying about allsorts of things and imagining the worse :!: You need to see your GP as soon as possible, as a doctor is the only person qualified to and do the tests necessery to make a diagnosis and put your mind at rest :!:
    I'm sure if you see your GP yo'll feel better, the aches and pains you describe could be due to lots of things which only a medic can tell :? Sorry not to be able to give you the answers you need, as it could be RA or lots of other things, but you really need proper help. Hope you soon feel better. :wink: Take Care Sue xxx
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm getting terrible pain in my muscles at night and morning i can't breath in properly as it hurts as if ive strained them coughing or something, just i havent had a cough. my legs and shoulders also ache. Is this due to arthur? i have RA.
    Hi Rosie sorry to hear your in so much pain I to have RA and suffer muscle pain and it can be quite scary. However I'm with Sue do go and see your GP it needs to be sorted, dont just put up with it because you think it could be this or that see the GP and get a proper diagnoses if nothing else it will put your mind at rest. Take Care
    Colin
  • purvesrosie
    purvesrosie Member Posts: 59
    Options
    My arhtur isn't under control but im not having much of a flare at the moment. now u mention it i only started getting these pains since i started sulphasalasine. did u stop because of this? thanks rosie x