blood pressure part 2 and Ramipril

Options
shezza
shezza Member Posts: 39
edited 30. Jan 2009, 13:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
i have been back to doctors and had blood pressure checked she has put me on 2.5mg of Ramipril however i read the leaflet that is with the medication and it says not to be taken with nsaids and im taking Diclofenac,Amitrypline and co- codamol.
i am now waiting for doctor to phone me to reassure that it is okay to take them ( i havent started taking them yet until the doctors says it is def ok )
Could anyone else tell their experiences of Ramipril please? If /what side effects there are and how / if they coped with them?
I would feel so much better if i knew what might happen so that at least if it does happen i have an idea what to do and how long it takes for side effects to disappear.
At the moment i have numbness and arm and mouth (similar to the feeling when i have had injection at dentist) this happens now and again doctor said this could be down to high blood pressure and that Ramipril should help with that .
Thank you all
Sheila

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, If you're worried I think I'd phone the chemist or GP, whichever is easier. Either of these should be able to check for any interations that are harmful. Hope this is of some help to you :wink: Love Sue.
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Hi,
    Well :!: I have been taking Diclofenac since October 2007 for a bad back, and Ramipril since January 2008.........

Neither my gp nor my chemist (who is very knowledgeable) has ever said I shouldn't be taking them together :shock:

I started off on 2.5mg Ramipril, took for one month with no ill effects and no reduction in bp either, so it was increased to 5mg per day. This has bought bp down to acceptable level (was told no more than 150/80).

Can't say I've noticed any side effects from either drug :)

Hope this has reassured you a bit. Good luck!
  • gennyf47
    gennyf47 Member Posts: 30
    Options
    shezza wrote:
    i have been back to doctors and had blood pressure checked she has put me on 2.5mg of Ramipril however i read the leaflet that is with the medication and it says not to be taken with nsaids and im taking Diclofenac,Amitrypline and co- codamol.
    i am now waiting for doctor to phone me to reassure that it is okay to take them ( i havent started taking them yet until the doctors says it is def ok )
    Could anyone else tell their experiences of Ramipril please? If /what side effects there are and how / if they coped with them?
    I would feel so much better if i knew what might happen so that at least if it does happen i have an idea what to do and how long it takes for side effects to disappear.
    At the moment i have numbness and arm and mouth (similar to the feeling when i have had injection at dentist) this happens now and again doctor said this could be down to high blood pressure and that Ramipril should help with that .
    Thank you all
    Sheila

I have been taking Ramipril 10mg for at least 6-7 years, haven't noticed any side effects, only that it keeps the hypertension at bay!
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    I take ramipril 10mg and also take Ibuprofen, Methotrexate and co-codamol (and others for other things) and so far the only interaction i have been told about is the one between ibuprofen and MTX. Certainly the ramipril has been the better one of the bunch of blood pressure meds I have taken.

At first I got a cough, butthat soon went. Hope youg et it sorted!
  • mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    Options
    Hi ,

I just seen this and , as other people have said they are on rampril and nasids and no ill effects , I am the same but each person is different, tell your gp your smyptons . let us know how you get on.

Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • shezza
    shezza Member Posts: 39
    Options
    mike77 wrote:
    Hi ,

I just seen this and , as other people have said they are on rampril and nasids and no ill effects , I am the same but each person is different, tell your gp your smyptons . let us know how you get on.

Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
    hi this is first day of feeling "ok" to stay on here long enough to reply I went to another doctor because i was very worried she told me to stay off the diclofenc if possible until i have had the blood test (thats a week today) my blood pressure has started to come down at the moment it 153/89 so i dont know if its the diclofenac or the fact i was getting stressed about everything.I havent taken any Diclofenac since Tues just co codamol but i am now on full dosage of co codamol to keep the pain away .
  • woodie
    woodie Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi,
    I bet the stress didn't help :wink:. I get 'white coat bp'. After testing me for 24 hours, they discovered its on the LOW side. :oops: :oops: Sue xx